No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao is done.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao is done.

I love the Pacman. No boxer has surprised and thrilled me more in the last 25 years. He’s a freak, a diamond and a star. Tough as nails, quick as hell, a real one off.

But, he’s done.

We saw Manny’s last fight on 13th November 2010 against Antonio Margarito. On that day, Manny retired.

His subsequent fights were simply not him. Clearly uninterested these days, his thirst for prizefighting has been quenched by his thirst for spiritual devotion. He doesn’t like to – and seemingly is no longer willing to - hurt people.

I’m sure the Mayweather fight WILL happen, but don’t expect much of a contest, it’ll go the way we all honestly believe, Floyd will dominate, Manny will barely be interested. Cheque please, bye, bye.

Personally i’d like to thank Manny Pacquiao for giving me some of the most exciting moments in boxing, for showing the world what is possible LEGALLY, and for being as brave-a-son-of-a-***** as I’ve ever seen.

But in truth, Manny retired almost 2 years ago, he just didn’t make it official.

He's slowed down, it happens; it doesn't mean he's retired.

The whole religion thing is just some PR ****, wtf believes that God speaks to them in their dreams?

Comment

having seen their last two fights, i don't know how anyone can say that floyd or pac will dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
        I love the Pacman. No boxer has surprised and thrilled me more in the last 25 years. He’s a freak, a diamond and a star. Tough as nails, quick as hell, a real one off.

But, he’s done.

We saw Manny’s last fight on 13th November 2010 against Antonio Margarito. On that day, Manny retired.

His subsequent fights were simply not him. Clearly uninterested these days, his thirst for prizefighting has been quenched by his thirst for spiritual devotion. He doesn’t like to – and seemingly is no longer willing to - hurt people.

I’m sure the Mayweather fight WILL happen, but don’t expect much of a contest, it’ll go the way we all honestly believe, Floyd will dominate, Manny will barely be interested. Cheque please, bye, bye.

Personally i’d like to thank Manny Pacquiao for giving me some of the most exciting moments in boxing, for showing the world what is possible LEGALLY, and for being as brave-a-son-of-a-***** as I’ve ever seen.

But in truth, Manny retired almost 2 years ago, he just didn’t make it official.
        All manny did was fight highly skilled boxers who employed movement. Manny has never been proficient at cutting off the ring and also leaves himself open for counters when pressing for the KO. He just fought fights that forced him to adapt to styles outtside his comfort zone. He wasn't able to do it. Doesn't mean he's finished.

WHether you do "offcially" or "unofficially" Manny is either 2-0 or 1-1 in his last 2 fights against 2 of the top 8 p4p fighters in the world. The only problem is that Manny fought them at a weight manny for Manny to look good so as to hype the floyd fight more.

I agree Floyd would beat manny, but its not because Manny is done or retired or cashing out. Its because Floyd has too much skill and movement for manny to handle. Plus he has a long reach which he knows how to use. floyds strengths expose manny's weaknesses.

TR wisely matched him against fighters that stood in front of him and didn't move to much, whcih played to Manny's strength. To manny's credit he beat Mosley and Bradley easily. He had another tough one with JMM but they always have close fights.

Comment

I think even if you put Manny in with another Cotto or Margarito he would look done. I think he is done, but I think he's done because he had to drop the little bit of extra help he was getting from "supplements" in simple terms.

Without a doubt though he was one of the best things that could have happened to boxing because of his wide global appeal

Comment

He's the same fighter he was in 2008 against Marquez.

Comment

Margarito represented the last come forward fighter he fought,We ALWAYS knew he struggled with real boxers

Comment

I've seen some decline, but it's a far stretch to say he's "done".

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
                  having seen their last two fights, i don't know how anyone can say that floyd or pac will dominate.
                  Floyd looked great in his last fight fighting Cotto at 154(no catchweight)

Comment

Originally posted by larry money x View Post
                    Floyd looked great in his last fight fighting Cotto at 154(no catchweight)
                    great for another fighter maybe, but not as good as alot of people expected him to look. cotto had his moments when everyone else was saying he was going to get gatti'd.

Comment

Working...
                    X