No announcement yet.

Joakim Noah dislikes Kevin Garnett

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joakim Noah dislikes Kevin Garnett

Joakim Noah's candor is a quality that separates the Chicago Bulls center from many athletes, and when the subject is Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett, Noah's candor can turn into biting commentary.

Noah has gone from a fan who once had a Garnett poster in his room to someone who probably has a Garnett photo on his dartboard.

"Kevin Garnett will not -- will not -- get a Christmas gift from me," Noah said with a tinge of humor Wednesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I don't like him."

The feud started, or perhaps escalated, during last season's playoffs. After Garnett was suspended for throwing an elbow at Quentin Richardson, Noah -- who was in Cleveland playing the Cavaliers -- chimed in that Garnett was a "dirty player."

The most recent incident was Friday night in Boston when Noah received a technical foul, and afterward said of Garnett: "He is who he is."

"He's a very mean guy," Noah said Wednesday. "Where's the love? None at all. Ugly, too."

Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose joined Waddle & Silvy in Northbrook for Tuesday's "Lunch with a Legend."

Noah said what makes the relationship difficult is how big a fan he was of Garnett before entering the NBA in 2007.

"I had his poster in my room," Noah said. "I used to wear his jersey. And the truth is my rookie year, I was in admiration of this guy, and he kind of shut me down.

"And he was very mean to me my rookie year. And he's only mean to the young guys and the [European players], for some reason. I don't know why, but that's who he doesn't like. He's not nice. I talk a lot of trash out there, but c'mon, be a little sensitive. Be sweet."

"He's a very mean guy," Noah said Wednesday. "Where's the love? None at all. Ugly, too."

looooooooool.

Comment

Originally posted by Doreem View Post
      Joakim Noah's candor is a quality that separates the Chicago Bulls center from many athletes, and when the subject is Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett, Noah's candor can turn into biting commentary.

Noah has gone from a fan who once had a Garnett poster in his room to someone who probably has a Garnett photo on his dartboard.

"Kevin Garnett will not -- will not -- get a Christmas gift from me," Noah said with a tinge of humor Wednesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "I don't like him."

The feud started, or perhaps escalated, during last season's playoffs. After Garnett was suspended for throwing an elbow at Quentin Richardson, Noah -- who was in Cleveland playing the Cavaliers -- chimed in that Garnett was a "dirty player."

The most recent incident was Friday night in Boston when Noah received a technical foul, and afterward said of Garnett: "He is who he is."

Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose joined Waddle & Silvy in Northbrook for Tuesday's "Lunch with a Legend."

Noah said what makes the relationship difficult is how big a fan he was of Garnett before entering the NBA in 2007.

"I had his poster in my room," Noah said. "I used to wear his jersey. And the truth is my rookie year, I was in admiration of this guy, and he kind of shut me down.

"And he was very mean to me my rookie year. And he's only mean to the young guys and the [European players], for some reason. I don't know why, but that's who he doesn't like. He's not nice. I talk a lot of trash out there, but c'mon, be a little sensitive. Be sweet."
      Did he call Garnett ugly big statement from a guy who looks like he came from deep space 9.

Comment

Noah kinda sounds like he suffers from pansyitis

Comment

Noah's the man. Future 20-15 guy.

Comment

i've always liked Joakim Noah...

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              Noah kinda sounds like he suffers from pansyitis
              I kind of got the feeling he was trying to be funny.

Comment

He's a good player but he's not the only one to say K.G. is a 'bad guy'

Comment

All these guys would utterly destroy Kevin Garnett.

Maurice Lucas
                  Rick Mahorn
                  Bill Laimbeer
                  Robert Parish ( Straight right hand when you're not looking )

Comment

It would have been news if you would have said somebody actually liked Kevin Garnett.

Comment

Working...
                    X