No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: No Plans To Leave 175, Even With Andre Ward Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    So what's wrong with cruiserweight? There's a couple beltholders there that are Russian, and of similar height or shorter than Kovalev. He's fighting his next fight in Russia against a bum. You tell me him moving up and challenging for a cruiserweight belt against a Russian, in Russia, wouldn't be a big event over there?

Likewise, I fail to see this abundance of talent that you see in the light heavyweight division. I'm not nearly as annoyed with Kovalev for not wanting to move up as I am GGG. Because the jump is bigger. And unlike GGG, Kovalev doesn't have a habit of calling out smaller guys and declining to fight bigger ones. He really never even showed a public interest in Ward until Ward made the official jump to light heavy. So I respect Kovalev, unlike GGG. That said, eventually, I'd like to see him try his luck at cruiserweight and even heavyweight. I'd pick Kovalev to beat every cruiserweight beltholder. And I'd be very tempted to pick him against a lotta top heavyweights out there. His fans need to stop being scared. Dude can fight. It would be move to see him dare to be great.

I don't have an issue with him moving up. I think he will donfine at cruiser but he has big fights at LHW. Ward for kne that's set then Stevenson if they can get that worked out. I like unified divisions myself. By then the younger crop of guys may be ready and possibly some talent from smw move up. Cruiser is a historically ignored division. I don't see the benefit other than getting another strap or two. Bigger fish to fry

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Cruiser is not a hot division, there's a ton of upcoming stars at 175 though.

Beating Ward will put him on top of the sport.
      There are a lot of good fighters at cruiser at the moment but people just dont care about that division i think its a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        so the 2 most "avoided" fighters seem to be the 2 least willing to go up in weight and take risks what a shocker
        Yeah Rigo should have went up and fought Lomachenko, you're right...

Cruiserweight is 199.9 lbs and under. quite a jump there Pal...

Comment

Never in my two decades as a fight fan have I seen a fanbase as scared ****less for their favs to step up and fight people that they MIGHT not be favored to beat. Y'all stupid fux are scared for Kovalev to step up to cruiserweight. That's funny considering pretty much every great light heavyweight in history has stepped up and tried their luck at heavyweight. The same way y'all are scared for GGG to move up. Yet, y'all same delusional assh0les want Floyd and Ward to move up and fight GGG and Kovalev. Y'all are some pathetic excuses for fight fans, to say the least.
          Wow, 20 years of ignorance...I couldn't imagine watching baseball for 20 years and still not knowing what a strike zone was...

They do say ignorance is bliss though...

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
            Only stupid haters want Kovalev or GGG move up to see them lose eventually. Truth is both have no reason to do so and unfinished business at their weight class. It's not their fault that they are much more talented than everyone else. Deal with it.

A whole pile of (mostly Golovkin) fans, castigated Ward for fighting at 168..... "why doesn't COward move up and fight Kovalev, what is he scared of"..... and a whole pile of (mostly) the same fans also castigated Canelo for not moving up.

Thank you for publicly correcting all of those guys.

Because, you did correct them..... right ?

Comment

No beef from me. Kov can do whatever he wants on this game

Comment

Originally posted by Najuk View Post
                GGG is more avoided than Kov. Ward avoided GGG but now he is gonna fight Kovalev.

Do you actually realize how absurd you sound ?

Comment

Never in my two decades as a fight fan have I seen a fanbase as scared ****less for their favs to step up and fight people that they MIGHT not be favored to beat. Y'all stupid fux are scared for Kovalev to step up to cruiserweight. That's funny considering pretty much every great light heavyweight in history has stepped up and tried their luck at heavyweight. The same way y'all are scared for GGG to move up. Yet, y'all same delusional assh0les want Floyd and Ward to move up and fight GGG and Kovalev. Y'all are some pathetic excuses for fight fans, to say the least.

co-sign, this thread reeks of pu55y

NOT that I think Kovalev should move up, because I don't..... but teh pu55y is on display, regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                    it seems like the new thing is to force people from middleweight and above to move up in weight as if mw is the same as lightweight.
                    where was all this you have to move up in weight 3-4 years ago? i dont remember anyone trying to force any mw to move up in weight 4-5 years ago but now that people dont like triple g you all made a new rule of everyone has to move up in weight
                    It's called der..Der...Dering to be gwate!!!! As the NSB doofeses would say...

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
                      It's called der..Der...Dering to be gwate!!!! As the NSB doofeses would say...

Or the alternative..... "let's call him great, despite the fact that he's not, simply because we love him"..... as the NSB fanboy bandwagon would say.

Comment

Working...
                      X