Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather-Canelo Will Break Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Trout has a much better chance of beating Alvarez than Guerrero does Floyd.

The risk of Canelo losing before a mega-fight with Floyd is on GBP's radar. I doubt Trout gets the fight because of this.

But you can only coddle a cash cow for so long. Sooner or later, even the most casual boxing fan will start questioning the lame opponents fed to a belt holder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1706 View Post
      Robert Guerrero is special,especially bad you mean ?? Ive been watchin his fights the whole time weve been talking here and trying to make a case for him to see your side of it but I just cant.Your talking through your arse pal,you need to watch some more of his fights and not just the Berto fight.Floyd Mayweather is going to absolutely destroy Robert Guerrero,anywhere Guerrero wants to take the fight Floyd will beat him.

Oh and did you just compare Floyd to Moreno ??

This conversation is over buddy....Ill leave you with a present,this guy looks real special lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLMy8mYxams
      No I compared the way the fight will play out, to Mares Moreno! If Floyd doesnt engage, and punches, and clinches, then he can make sure that doesnt happen! And yea I do think at ww, Robert is a different type of fighter! He used to box allot, but this swarming style will be tough for anyone to deal with! NO one at ww, will beat him and Floyd and Him is the best match up at that weight class! Floyd's only way to win, is to punch and clinch like he did with Hatton. If you say you've been watching his fights, just watch what he did at ww! Listen to a person who understands the sport, and we already established that I know what Im talking about! You know Im right, you lied and said you was leaving, but ya mad, and want that last word lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        No I actually think Floyd is tailor made for Robert! Floyd potshots with one or two shots. Robert swarms! The only way to avoid swarms is to punch and clinch! Floyd aint gonna be countering, avoiding shots, looking pretty! Robert is going to lay on him and force him! Floyd got touched by slow, short, stubby, Cotto's left hands! He outpunched Cotto! Robert is not slow, short, stubby, and he is NOT getting outpunched by Floyd! Floyd dont have the output! When Floyd lands his counters, Robert will be throwing flurries while getting hit! His chin is too durable, and he NEVER stops throwing, even when he's staggering! Short guy throwing one or two potshots, vs big durable guy, throwing 6 punch flurries with power! Remember, Robert should have gotten a 3rd round TKO over Berto! He will bust Floyd's azz if he starts landing, and Floyd dont have the defense to fight off the ropes like he used to! If Slow azz cotto can land, then Robert's big azz will tare him apart on the ropes easy! I base this off of WW Robert, not his career as a lightweight. Prime Floyd wasnt even to outbox Little, glass jaw Hatton! He had to punch and clinch him! Robert is a bigger, better, stronger, more durable Hatton, and Floyd is allot older to be dealing with the pressure! I know boxing, and others dont! What else can I say?
        I like your passion, but I don't think u study Floyd or the ghost! I actually studied both of their last fights, and the ghost showed me nothing! First of ask he's not fast enough for floyd and floyd won't allow him to fight dirty, cause as we have seen with mosley and ortiz, floyd is the last person who u want to piss off! The only 2 people who will trouble food is canelo and martinez! Because of speed and power! No one is going to out box floyd, the only chance u have is to tko him! I don't watch fights, I study them post and present Floyd is the best pure boxer of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          If you can fight going backwards then you have a great chance at giving Floyd a run. But we know the Ghost can't do that. He's no Cotto. He would look slow and awkward trying to reinvent the wheel.
          Aye never say never! If your Robert, and your about to fight Floyd, you may push yourself to doing whatever it takes, and mimicking Cotto may be hard, but if you know thats what it takes, and your the guy fighting Floyd, AFTER Cotto wrote that blueprint, anything is possible! But I think he will do what hatton did! If Floyd tries to walk him down, Robert will just lean towards the punches and make it ugly! Im excited for this one!

Comment

• Originally posted by valentino23 View Post
            I like your passion, but I don't think u study Floyd or the ghost! I actually studied both of their last fights, and the ghost showed me nothing! First of ask he's not fast enough for floyd and floyd won't allow him to fight dirty, cause as we have seen with mosley and ortiz, floyd is the last person who u want to piss off! The only 2 people who will trouble food is canelo and martinez! Because of speed and power! No one is going to out box floyd, the only chance u have is to tko him! I don't watch fights, I study them post and present Floyd is the best pure boxer of all time!
            But Cotto was landing slow, left hands, and got outpunched by Floyd! Robert is fast enough to where he wont see the punches coming, faster than cotto, is a southpaw & will throw great left hands, and Floyd is NOT outpunching Robert! I know my boxing. If he fights Dirty, the only one who can stop that is the ref! The only way to stop a swarmer, is by punching, and clinching like Floyd against Hatton! If Floyd does that, he can win, but if he engages, he will eat some shots!

Comment

• you don't know what the hell you are talking about. the reason why mayweather goes on the attack throwing pot shot rights is because that the best way to defeat a southpaw boxer-punch.mayweathers ring intelegence is the antidote to different styles. you have to fight differents styles in different ways.

Comment

• Know your boxing Murka? Labelling Hatton "glass jawed"? Stating that Guerrero is taller than Ortiz, then being proved wrong by fact? Stating that Guerrero is "much bigger than Mayweather".... then being proved wrong by fact again. Stating that pressure is best way to beat Mayweather when plenty have tried it.... and failed. Castillo, Hatton, Augustus, DLH, Ortiz. They all tried the "bum-rush" and steadily got worked out, picked off and defeated. You stated that Guerrero's non-stop style would be too much... then got shown that a fighter inferior to Mayweather coped with it and beat him rather easily.

Mayweather has faced pressure fighters (as aforementioned). He has faced bigger men than Guerrero (Ortiz,DLH) and he has faced harder punchers (Mosley). The only thing that could possible lend itself to your theory is Mayweather's deterioration. He's seasoned at the weight and has yet to be pushed around. Look to the Hatton fight if you wish, but a trained eye would see it was Hatton that did the clinching. It's HIS style. Approach in straight lines, throwing the hook, clinch and then through the bodyshot off the break. They both lead with their heads, but Mayweather proved he can in-fight, foul and grapple with the best of them.

You say Mayweteather'saccuracy was poor in his last fight? 23% success if recall. Poor if your usual rate is 40%+. But most average around the 20% mark and far less against Mayweather. What are Guerrero's average percentages? You have no real basis for your theory, no matter how much you believe it. ou argue hard, I'll give you that, but in the end, you're whistling in the wind. Wins over Aydin and Berto don't make you a destroyer, and a cheerleader doesn't make you bigger physically than you actually are. Sorry.

Comment

No I compared the way the fight will play out, to Mares Moreno! If Floyd doesnt engage, and punches, and clinches, then he can make sure that doesnt happen! And yea I do think at ww, Robert is a different type of fighter! He used to box allot, but this swarming style will be tough for anyone to deal with! NO one at ww, will beat him and Floyd and Him is the best match up at that weight class! Floyd's only way to win, is to punch and clinch like he did with Hatton. If you say you've been watching his fights, just watch what he did at ww! Listen to a person who understands the sport, and we already established that I know what Im talking about! You know Im right, you lied and said you was leaving, but ya mad, and want that last word lol
                  You called Guerrero special,how could I not reply.

Thats probably the most ******ed statement you have made yet besides the fact you keep telling me how much you know about boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                    Know your boxing Murka? Labelling Hatton "glass jawed"? Stating that Guerrero is taller than Ortiz, then being proved wrong by fact? Stating that Guerrero is "much bigger than Mayweather".... then being proved wrong by fact again. Stating that pressure is best way to beat Mayweather when plenty have tried it.... and failed. Castillo, Hatton, Augustus, DLH, Ortiz. They all tried the "bum-rush" and steadily got worked out, picked off and defeated. You stated that Guerrero's non-stop style would be too much... then got shown that a fighter inferior to Mayweather coped with it and beat him rather easily.

Mayweather has faced pressure fighters (as aforementioned). He has faced bigger men than Guerrero (Ortiz,DLH) and he has faced harder punchers (Mosley). The only thing that could possible lend itself to your theory is Mayweather's deterioration. He's seasoned at the weight and has yet to be pushed around. Look to the Hatton fight if you wish, but a trained eye would see it was Hatton that did the clinching. It's HIS style. Approach in straight lines, throwing the hook, clinch and then through the bodyshot off the break. They both lead with their heads, but Mayweather proved he can in-fight, foul and grapple with the best of them.

You say Mayweteather'saccuracy was poor in his last fight? 23% success if recall. Poor if your usual rate is 40%+. But most average around the 20% mark and far less against Mayweather. What are Guerrero's average percentages? You have no real basis for your theory, no matter how much you believe it. ou argue hard, I'll give you that, but in the end, you're whistling in the wind. Wins over Aydin and Berto don't make you a destroyer, and a cheerleader doesn't make you bigger physically than you actually are. Sorry.
                    Dont argue with this guy man,its like talking to a wall

Comment

If no one finds it objective, that doesnt bother me! I know what Im talking about, and thats all that matters! The other guy responded, because he felt a need to prove each point wrong! I came back with facts about the styles! Nothing but boxing game, is what I have to offer! You have no logical breakdown of the fight, period! All you do is use hype, about records, and stats! Yea Hatton got KO'd but I made the point(all I do is make points) that Robert is much better, and isnt getting KO'd by Mayweather. Berto had NO tough time with Berto! Floyd was visibly uncomfortable with Hatton, but Hatton has a glass jaw! Robert was a BRUTE against Berto, and should have gotten a 3d rnd TKO! Berto looked like a space creature after the massacre. Make a boxing point, instead of getting mad, and saying Im this, or that! Oh thats right, ya cant, can ya? I just know my boxing. Period
                      I haven't said anything about records and stats. I'm not wasting my time giving you a serious breakdown of the fight because you wouldn't comprehend it. Again, I'll keep it short and sweet. Floyd most likely wins the fight because he's a better fighter. Floyd didn't look uncomfortable against Hatton, he simply out-wrestled him. Hatton didn't do anything with Mayweather in that fight. Berto looked like a space creature? Ok so what did Guerrero look like? Berto to hit him at will during the fight and the chances of Mayweather being able to do the same are extremely high. The difference is Guerrero won't be able to hit Mayweather like he hit Berto.

One doesn't have to be "mad" to speak the truth. You're a clown man who doesn't know **** about boxing. Stop deluding yourself.
                      Last edited by Goldie; 01-06-2013, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X