No announcement yet.

Walters vs. Uchiyama: MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walters vs. Uchiyama: MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Undefeated Uchiyama, with a 20/24 KO ratio, against undefeated Walters, with a 21/26 KO ratio. Both at super featherweight, both hardhitting, both quality fighters. This is, without the doubt, the best fight that can be made at super featherweight. Who do you think will win? Do you think the fight will happen? Do you consider any possible fights at super featherweight to be better?

Personally, I think Uchiyama's experience and power advantage would allow him to KO Walters, but Uchiyama is getting old and Walters is no joke. If Uchiyama is just a little bit slower than usually, it could go very bad for him.

Comment

There was a time when I was ranking Uchiyama among the p4p best fighters on the planet and he had a very good run from 2010-12. My problem is, since then, with injuries and a serious lack of quality opposition, he seems to have regressed.

But he is still the best 130 pounder simply because there's not much competition. A Walters fight can define both men.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        There was a time when I was ranking Uchiyama among the p4p best fighters on the planet and he had a very good run from 2010-12. My problem is, since then, with injuries and a serious lack of quality opposition, he seems to have regressed.

But he is still the best 130 pounder simply because there's not much competition. A Walters fight can define both men.
        Whoever wins would certainly have taken his legacy to an all new level. They need each other on their resume, IMO.

Comment

I am waiting for this fight big time.

Comment

To make this happen Walters will need to pack his passport. Make no mistake about it, Uchiyama is the A-side in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MBE View Post
              To make this happen Walters will need to pack his passport. Make no mistake about it, Uchiyama is the A-side in this fight.
              That's good, he won't regret it. The Japanese people have shown to be very grateful to foreign fighters for coming to their country, look how nicely they threated Rigondeaux.

Comment

Working...
              X