Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a fighter like GGG before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to say, I'd like to see some more from him. He is capable of unifying of the division, and hopefully a Ward fight or something else big is also possible. If all that were to happen, these sorts of discussions about GGG's place in history might be more interesting.

For now I'm hoping at least for a Canelo/GGG showdown .

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
      This guy seems to possess freakish ability to cut off the ring, seemingly has an iron chin, brilliant punch selection and blow guys out the water (maybe the competition is abit lackluster but still)

Which other fighters in history seem to possess his type of aura and ability?

The only 2 i can think of is Mike Tyson in his prime and Julio Caesar Chavez Sr.

P.S I am a Ward fan and think he can beat GGG but you cant deny that GGG is a great talent
      If he is as good as you think he is, Floyd should fight him. If FLoyd can beat him, surely Floyd must be as good as SRL and Duran and Pac.? Surely Floyd will belong with Ali as well.
      THe best person on Floyds resume is Pac, but as we all know Pac is smaller than Floyd and coming off of a ko to JMM who fought Pac 4 times.

Sure it is only one risky fight in Floyds career, but its a big risk if he fights GGG and he would get massive credit the likes hes never experienced before.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        If he is as good as you think he is, Floyd should fight him. If FLoyd can beat him, surely Floyd must be as good as SRL and Duran and Pac.? Surely Floyd will belong with Ali as well.
        THe best person on Floyds resume is Pac, but as we all know Pac is smaller than Floyd and coming off of a ko to JMM who fought Pac 4 times.

Sure it is only one risky fight in Floyds career, but its a big risk if he fights GGG and he would get massive credit the likes hes never experienced before.
        why do you keep moving the goalposts. You posted that Floyd would be an ATG if he beat Hatton and shane. He did that. You then erased that post, but didn't realize it was saved and sigged.

I know you hate Floyd, but he did what you said he had to to be the GOAT and an ATG. Now after he does it, you change.

Comment

you guys should watch fighters from other eras befoe you act like a fighter from this era is a unique quantity.

roberto duran at 135 was everything golvokin was and more at 160. faster, better skills, harder puncher. he then went to 147 and beat caros palomino. then he beat ray freaking leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
            On that kind of level? Please. There were hundrets. Whole lot of champions and contenders from the past had to get through tougher schedule just to get a title shot.
            One example and not even the best one - from the top of my head - John Mugabi had tougher schedule on his way to Hagler fight and was even more devastating than GGG is.. Yet he's not even considered particulary good.
            Don't get me wrong, Little G is good, but his resume is non existing.
            In what world did Mugabi go through a tough schedule? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've heard, it's well known John Mugabi was handed a title shot based on his KO% but his competition hardly made him worthy of a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
              On that kind of level? Please. There were hundrets. Whole lot of champions and contenders from the past had to get through tougher schedule just to get a title shot.
              One example and not even the best one - from the top of my head - John Mugabi had tougher schedule on his way to Hagler fight and was even more devastating than GGG is.. Yet he's not even considered particulary good.
              Don't get me wrong, Little G is good, but his resume is non existing.
              That Hagler fight ruined Mugabi's future career

Taking shots like that from a near prime ATG and the fight was grueling

He showed great heart and chin in that fight, only to get stopped, dropped and hurt y lesser fighters and punchers....His punch resistance was shot after Hagler

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                It's funny because Larry Holmes on Butterbean's resume is better than anyone on Golovkin's.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  why do you keep moving the goalposts. You posted that Floyd would be an ATG if he beat Hatton and shane. He did that. .
                  I only said it to bribe Floyd as it was the infamous period of Floyds career where he fought only once every 18 months if he could get a way with it. But other than that, you should have thought i was an idiot for talking garbage like that, and you should do yourself a favour and assume i was talking garbage.

You would be showing favouritism to Floyd if you think him beating past prime SSM and Hatton would make him on SRL and Durans level.

You know in your head that Floyd must fight GGG to be in contention to be on the levels of the true ATGS, the higher echelons. Other than that, Floyd would be bordering top 20. Thats not a bad days work, if you had of told Floyd at the beginning of his career that he would one day be top 20 he would have taken that in a heartbeat.
                  Your best win being a Pac coming off of a ko to JMM and being smaller dont get you into any top 10s im afraid. It dont matter how good Pac was in his prime and how good Pacs resume is. Floyd fought past his prime Pac.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 10-07-2015, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
                    This guy seems to possess freakish ability to cut off the ring, seemingly has an iron chin, brilliant punch selection and blow guys out the water (maybe the competition is abit lackluster but still)

Which other fighters in history seem to possess his type of aura and ability?

The only 2 i can think of is Mike Tyson in his prime and Julio Caesar Chavez Sr.

P.S I am a Ward fan and think he can beat GGG but you cant deny that GGG is a great talent
                    Iron chin???

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      I only said it to bribe Floyd as it was the infamous period of Floyds career where he fought only once every 18 months if he could get a way with it. But other than that, you should have thought i was an idiot for talking garbage like that, and you should do yourself a favour and assume i was talking garbage.

You would be showing favouritism to Floyd if you think him beating past prime SSM and Hatton would make him on SRL and Durans level.

You know in your head that Floyd must fight GGG to be in contention to be on the levels of the true ATGS, the higher echelons. Other than that, Floyd would be bordering top 20. Thats not a bad days work, if you had of told Floyd at the beginning of his career that he would one day be top 20 he would have taken that in a heartbeat.
                      Your best win being a Pac coming off of a ko to JMM and being smaller dont get you into any top 10s im afraid. It dont matter how good Pac was in his prime and how good Pacs resume is. Floyd fought past his prime Pac.
                      What a ****ing ******.

Comment

Working...
                      X