Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote: The Two greatest Heavyweights POST ALI Era. Who are they?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holyfield
    Tyson

Holmes
    Lennox

Bowe

Turrible Tim
    Wlad

Comeback George/Moorer/Vitali

Comment

Lennox and Wlad for me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        No. imo theyre big lumbering super heavyweights that lack the skill of the Lewis and Holmes best opponents.
        They are the 'future' of the division along with pulev etc, if wlad dominates one while in his mid/late 30's that would be impressive and deserve acknowledgement

Comment

I voted Lennox and Holmes. I believe Lennox is the best heavyweight since Ali and Holmes cuts a close second, not particularly based on h2hs but with a combination of resume and achievement. Holmes' run of title defences, coupled with a sprinkling of decent - good opponents really has him up there, combine that with an atg jab and above average power, you have a guy who really was a great heavyweight.

Lewis is up there because he beat pretty much everyone that mattered in his era. Admittedly his fights against the greats of his time (Tyson and Holyfield) came when they were past their bests but it's not as if he didn't chase those fights earlier in his career. The thing with Lewis is that, when he was actually boxing, I always preferred Evander or Tyson, but over the years Lennox's achievements have grown to legendary status.

Holyfield and Wlad aren't too far behind to be honest. Wlad, like Holmes before him, doesn't have a great list of opponents to go through but he has beaten the best available and Holyfield was a true warrior. Not the biggest or the strongest or the fastest but he always found a way to win.

Comment

I voted Lennox and Holmes. I believe Lennox is the best heavyweight since Ali and Holmes cuts a close second, not particularly based on h2hs but with a combination of resume and achievement. Holmes' run of title defences, coupled with a sprinkling of decent - good opponents really has him up there, combine that with an atg jab and above average power, you have a guy who really was a great heavyweight.

Lewis is up there because he beat pretty much everyone that mattered in his era. Admittedly his fights against the greats of his time (Tyson and Holyfield) came when they were past their bests but it's not as if he didn't chase those fights earlier in his career. The thing with Lewis is that, when he was actually boxing, I always preferred Evander or Tyson, but over the years Lennox's achievements have grown to legendary status.

Holyfield and Wlad aren't too far behind to be honest. Wlad, like Holmes before him, doesn't have a great list of opponents to go through but he has beaten the best available and Holyfield was a true warrior. Not the biggest or the strongest or the fastest but he always found a way to win.

Comment

I voted Holmes and Holyfield. Lewis is up there too!

Comment

Holmes and Lewis

Comment

Holyfield and Holmes.

Comment

Lennox and Wlad, no doubt.
                    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 02-07-2013, 07:03 AM. Reason: corrections

Comment

larry holmes is a step abpve the rest severly underated

Comment

Working...
                      X