Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Manny Pacquiao 144.6, Antonio Margarito 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• margarito is gonna bully him all night like morales did on thier first fight

Comment

• Originally posted by crillz View Post
      it's not everyday someone comes in literally a full division BENEATH the agreed upon weight class, don't sit there and act like this happens all of the time, but yes alphabet soup organizations are dirtier than garbage itself
      Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Rogers Mtagwa is a very recent example.

What did people expect coming into this fight, that Pacquiao would weigh 150? This is just sheer ignorance and general stupidity. A fighter can come in at whatever weight he wants, as long as he doesn't come over the limit.

Comment

• Boxing is becomin too much bull****, pacman should not be able to win the 154 title jus margarito, margas chances are growin, now i do belive dat pacman had a bad camp

Comment

• Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
          so margarito will be the only one that will get the super welterweight belt since pacman came in under the welterweight limit.
          He can win the heavyweight belt at 144 if he dares to. Dont you get it, there is no MINIMUM limit, just a MAX Limit.

You can fight for the Middleweight Title with 90 pounds, it would be a HUGE accomplishment of course and usually not doable, give the guy respect.

Comment

yes there is, weight limits have a Maximum but they also have a Minimum, 141-147 means WELTERWEIGHT not JR MIDDLEWEIGHT it's not that hard to understand, really..

and I'm not saying it hasn't been done before but it was corruption then and it's corruption now, just because it happened before doesn't mean it should be able to happen now with no problems, there should be some sort of penalty
            OMG what dont you understand

There are no minimum weights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Its not corruption, its boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
              so margarito will be the only one that will get the super welterweight belt since pacman came in under the welterweight limit.
              no dummy. there is only a maximum limit, there is no minimum limit.

Comment

• Damn even the long time posters on this site dont know the rules

Comment

• Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  STFU......

And to those saying that it's illegal or some **** for Pacquiao to come in at 144, it's not. 154 is the maximum limit of the weight division, but it doesn't mean 147.1 is the minimum weigh in, it's just where the distinction between welterweight and Jr. middleweight is. Sam Langford, Stanley Ketchel, Henry Armstrong, were giving up more weight than 5 and weighing in a full division less than opponents.
                  U beat me to it as Sam Langford was the first name that came to mind when I heard this.

@ tua ....

Yeah man it's crazy the hate some people have. Langford and Armstrong are legendary and constantly praised for the size advantage they gave up....yet PAC does it and it's "Manny has no respect for the sport".

Smfh.....

Comment

it shouldn't have been allowed then and it shouldn't be allowed now, it was corruption then and it is corruption now, what don't you understand?
                    bro, i'm pretty sure the corruption thegreatA was talking about was about pac being ranked in jr middleweight, not about fighters weighing below the "minimum limit". there never was a minimum requirement for weight, i'm not a boxing guru myself, but even i know that.

you can't call that corruption just because you weren't aware of it before and you just realized it now. it's not their fault that you aren't aware of that. you were mistaken, admit it and move on... we're not gonna crucify you for that since you've been a great poster.
                    Last edited by ummeed; 11-12-2010, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Jesus H. Christ......

i cant believe some posters are surprised that boxers can weigh below super welterweight for a super welterweight fight.....

these people does not deserve to be boxingscene forum members....what a disgrace

Comment

Working...
                      X