Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The level of difficulty of English korean high school studant learn

kinda hard stuff

answer is...2 or 3 i guess?
    Last edited by THE NAMELESS; 09-28-2010, 07:43 PM.

i still hesitate bewteem two or three

damn i'm an idiot

Comment

That's funny. I've went to two colleges, and have yet to meet an international student that speaks a lick of English. At least comprehensible English.

Comment

So give up your dreams and you won't be disappointed?

Great message. :thinking1:

I've run into a ton of foreign students that speak great English, in some cases you just have to get past the thick accent.

Comment

Ive worked in Korea and in China. I taught University in China and 10 year olds in Korea. The 10 year old Koreans knew much more English than my University students. I mean I could talk to them like a normal American 10 year old and they understand it all.

The importance Korean parents put on their childrens English education is a multibillion dollar industry. Where you and I played baseball and basketball after school, these kids go to a hogwan to study English with a native English speaker. They have native English speakers as their teachers in their public schools and after school they have another native speaker in their hogwans.

I think the passage above is from a private hogwan, because that is too advanced. They can talk, read, and write in English but its not nearly that advanced.

The answer is 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
            Ive worked in Korea and in China. I taught University in China and 10 year olds in Korea. The 10 year old Koreans knew much more English than my University students. I mean I could talk to them like a normal American 10 year old and they understand it all.

The importance Korean parents put on their childrens English education is a multibillion dollar industry. Where you and I played baseball and basketball after school, these kids go to a hogwan to study English with a native English speaker. They have native English speakers as their teachers in their public schools and after school they have another native speaker in their hogwans.

I think the passage above is from a private hogwan, because that is too advanced. They can talk, read, and write in English but its not nearly that advanced.

The answer is 2.
            that's right.it's from academy(which called hogwan)
            pretension?entail?it's very big words to teenager none english speaker

Comment

Originally posted by THE NAMELESS View Post
              that's right.it's from academy(which called hogwan)
              pretension?entail?it's very big words to teenager none english speaker
              Are you Korean? Is that your homework?

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
                Are you Korean? Is that your homework?
                LOL. yes i'm a korean but i did graduate high school 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by THE NAMELESS View Post
                  LOL. yes i'm a korean but i did graduate high school 2 years ago.
                  Thats cool. What city do you live in?

I'm considering to go back to Korea to teach while I take Business School classes since most are offered online anyways.

Also, how did you get into BoxingScene? I haven't met anyone in Korea who liked the sport, maybe mma but not boxing.

Comment

Good luck on the TOEFL and TOEIC Nameless!

(When you take them of course)

Keep studying and you'll be getting a 990 on the TOEIC and 677 on the TOEFL

Those tests are really no joke. I think manY boxing sceners would struggle with parts of those tests for sure.

당신은 할 수 있다!

Comment

Working...
                    X