No announcement yet.

What if hops beats pavlik

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if hops beats pavlik

where does that put pavlik if this actually happens. i mean i know he is the MW champion and all but would people look at him diffrently if hops goes out and decisions him?? i know hops is going to KO pavlik by anymeans. alot of people doubted hops against tito and we saw what happend. granted he was alot younger but this also kinda looks like that. pavlik going way up in weight as did tito. after meeting at 170 would pavlik struggle to get back down to defend his titles at 160? just something i was pondering while i was watching the countdown. what does everyone think would happen to pavlik if he actually does lose this fight??

Pavlik has a lot more to lose than to gain in this fight, if he loses, he probably won't be looked on in the same light as he is now for a while, people will say he was overrated and all the stuff that comes with losses nowadays, it doesn't help that his opponent is 43 years old and has lost 3 of his last 6 fights.

Comment

It basically messes up everything and Hopkins goes down as even more of a great.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        Pavlik has a lot more to lose than to gain in this fight, if he loses, he probably won't be looked on in the same light as he is now for a while, people will say he was overrated and all the stuff that comes with losses nowadays, it doesn't help that his opponent is 43 years old and has lost 3 of his last 6 fights.
        I'll second that!

Comment

This is a bad fight for Pavlik.

Comment

Like they said in the countdown, BHop beating Pavlik is like winning 3 times, (Pavlik x1, Taylorx2)

Comment

If he gets the right judges, and Pavlik lets him slow the pace, it could happen. Unlikely, but always a possibility with Hopkins. One thing we know for sure is that he won't be throwing much, just trying to shut down Pavlik and find ways to impress the judges. If he throws much at all, or can't find a way to shut down Pavlik, he gets stopped for the first time in his career. This is what I'm betting on, Pavlik by stoppage, after the 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendo View Post
                where does that put pavlik if this actually happens. i mean i know he is the MW champion and all but would people look at him diffrently if hops goes out and decisions him?? i know hops is going to KO pavlik by anymeans. alot of people doubted hops against tito and we saw what happend. granted he was alot younger but this also kinda looks like that. pavlik going way up in weight as did tito. after meeting at 170 would pavlik struggle to get back down to defend his titles at 160? just something i was pondering while i was watching the countdown. what does everyone think would happen to pavlik if he actually does lose this fight??
                if pavlik loses he goes back to ruling the middleweight division without the massive hype.

pavlik won't lose though.

Comment

When (not if) B-Hop beats Pavlik Sat., Pavlik will be forced to fight AA in unification bout to regain some of the juice he will lose against B-Hop!

B-Hop gets to ride off into the sunset with ANOTHER win over a top p4p fighter! Pavlik will fold once he realizes what type of beast he's in there with! B-Hop's craft will win him the fight and RESPECT from ALL you who doubted the 43 yr old Philly icon!

Comment

If pavlic gets beat..Expect to hear Pavlic and Overrated mentioned in every post made about pav..

Comment

Working...
                    X