No announcement yet.

What is Lennox Lewis' best win??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    So his best win was an out of shape, not very good Sam Peter. And this makes him great? At no point has he dominated the division; he's been a champ for a composite total of two years during two different periods. He avoided a fight with Hasim Rahman. Great? That term gets thrown around too loosely here. But yes, I too was impressed at the way he beat up...Sam Peter.
    That same Sam Peter nearly knocked Wladimir out. Chill out, man. You're acting like Vitali is some bum. Again, I'm not saying Vitali is Ali or Frazier, but the guy is clearly the best heavyweight since Lennox retired, and Lennox beat him at his best while being far from his best. Vitali has pretty much beat the hell out of everyone else he has fought. That's impressive.

Comment

think his best "win" is the draw with Evander, i thought The Real Deal shoulda just nicked it in the ACTUALL win for LL tho

His best performances were his Destruction of Ruddock, His dismantling of Rahman in the rematch and his dull but controlled ass boxing lesson on Tua

Tyson was a corpse and exciting tho the Vitali fight was it was piss poor amaturish sloppy stuff plus he looked set for a loss without those cuts

Comment

Seriously. To call them great is disturbing as well. Was Chris Byrd great? He was champ a long, long time.
        Using the word great does not mean you are calling that fighter an ATG, at least not when I use it. A fighter that beats the hell out of every contender in their division can be called great, and not an ATG. I never called Vitali an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          That same Sam Peter nearly knocked Wladimir out. Chill out, man. You're acting like Vitali is some bum. Again, I'm not saying Vitali is Ali or Frazier, but the guy is clearly the best heavyweight since Lennox retired, and Lennox beat him at his best while being far from his best. Vitali has pretty much beat the hell out of everyone else he has fought. That's impressive.
          Sorry, you called him great. Offering up Sam Peter as proof is not convincing. And my saying he's not great doesn't mean he's a bum. it just means he's good. Great? You have to do more than beat Sam Peter to be called that. And saying he's beaten the hell out of nearly everyone he's fought means little. So has Mikkel Kessler. Bad comparison but you get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Using the word great does not mean you are calling that fighter an ATG, at least not when I use it. A fighter that beats the hell out of every contender in their division can be called great, and not an ATG. I never called Vitali an ATG.
            I never said you did. I specifically said "great" several times.

Comment

Seriously. To call them great is disturbing as well. Was Chris Byrd great? He was champ a long, long time.
              i know what you're saying man

il give them one thing,they are great at staying focused whilst beating b-class opposition

Comment

I think it's Vitali. He went on to be a great champion on his own and Lewis was already past it when he beat him. Although he got a little lucky according to some.

Comment

Working...
                X