No announcement yet.

175 is STRONG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 175 is STRONG

Bellew goes from getting destroyed by Stevenson to destroying a top 10 cruiser just like that. Imagine what the top LHW's would be able to do at that weight.

I would love to see Beterbiev vs Bellew, would be an absolute massacre.

Comment

Bellew is 6'3. He's a CW who was draining himself to fight at LHW. He looked massive compared to Makabu and he's possibly the biggest fighter at CW now. He's considering fighting David Haye.

I'm not sure the LHW's now would be big enough to make that transition.

Kovalev and Stevenson are both around 5'11. Beterbiev and Ward are around the same height. But the real difference is that they all walk around probably 190. The fighters at CW walk around well over 200 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        Bellew is 6'3. He's a CW who was draining himself to fight at LHW. He looked massive compared to Makabu and he's possibly the biggest fighter at CW now. He's considering fighting David Haye.

I'm not sure the LHW's now would be big enough to make that transition.

Kovalev and Stevenson are both around 5'11. Beterbiev and Ward are around the same height. But the real difference is that they all walk around probably 190. The fighters at CW walk around well over 200 lbs.
        CW has some massive hard hitting fighters, but many of them are slow and unskilled. It would take some time to adapt to the weight, but I think they'd have no problem transitioning.

Here is Kovalev giving G. Jones more than he can handle in sparring and he's much lighter:

Kov looks like he'd hurt this dude bad in a fight.

Comment

Cruiserweight and Light Heavy are the two strongest divisions in the sport. I don't see many that are close, honestly.

I think there's a lot of truth in the claim that Bellew was draining himself at 175. He was the physically bigger man tonight, i'm shocked he could make 175 in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            CW has some massive hard hitting fighters, but many of them are slow and unskilled. It would take some time to adapt to the weight, but I think they'd have no problem transitioning.

Here is Kovalev giving G. Jones more than he can handle in sparring and he's much lighter:

Well Jones is huge anyway, he's a Heavyweight now I think. Weird to think he started off as a welterweight or something ridiculous like that. Sparring can't tell us too much

But Kovalev is a big light heavyweight. I wouldn't be surprised if he moved up to cruiser after cleaning out 175. Stevenson isn't nearly as big, and Ward, i'm not too sure.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Well Jones is huge anyway, he's a Heavyweight now I think. Weird to think he started off as a welterweight or something ridiculous like that. Sparring can't tell us too much

But Kovalev is a big light heavyweight. I wouldn't be surprised if he moved up to cruiser after cleaning out 175. Stevenson isn't nearly as big, and Ward, i'm not too sure.
              You don't really need size when you're faster and more skilled, plus it's not really hard to put on weight.

Lebedev took what, 10 rounds to get rid of RJJ, I can't even imagine him going more than 4 with guys like Beterbiev or Kovalev. You've also got guys like Tarver and Cunningham on par with each other. I've also seen Beterbiev drop Usyk with body shots and rock him with head gear in the amateurs.

LHW is filled with some bad m'fers.

Comment

Which dude? The one that comes in shape to fight or the fat slob in the video?

Kov is a beast but nothing of interest to see in their sparring video. They're going half speed for the most part and Jones looks like a marshmallow.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Bellew goes from getting destroyed by Stevenson to destroying a top 10 cruiser just like that. Imagine what the top LHW's would be able to do at that weight.
                  Nathan Cleverly would be top 3 CW no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    Nathan Cleverly would be top 3 CW no doubt.
                    Cleverly relies on a high work rate, he gets his knockouts through an accumulation of punches while getting hit at a high % in the process. Bellew counters and times his opponents, he sits down on his punches and hits much harder than Clev. His style isn't suited for CW but he probably could still be a top 10 fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X