Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was/is the hardest puncher of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Does it come down to a ceratin punch for a certain individual e.g. Earnie shavers for straight right, Tyson for left hook etc

Or does one individual have the monoply on all/most of the punches e.g. earnie shavers had the hardest right straight, left hook, jab, and uppercut?
    Roberto Duran needs more recognition here. He moved up in weight and beat the tar out of Leonard in a fight Duran dominated. That left hook in the second round shifted Leonard's teeth. True story.

Comment

Originally posted by El Manos View Post
      Roberto Duran needs more recognition here. He moved up in weight and beat the tar out of Leonard in a fight Duran dominated. That left hook in the second round shifted Leonard's teeth. True story.
      Duran is the one guy more than any who showed diminished power as he rose in weight. He still had some pop, but was never like he was at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        Duran is the one guy more than any who showed diminished power as he rose in weight. He still had some pop, but was never like he was at 135.
        His power really was exceptional at lightweight, and even better was his ability to carry that power into the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          His power really was exceptional at lightweight, and even better was his ability to carry that power into the late rounds.
          At 135 he was one of the greatest punchers ever....and you are right about his late-round power. He only showed flashes of that same power once he moved up. It was still there at 140 for the most part, but once he went up to 147 there was a significant drop off.

Comment

Obviously jackson he put more people to sleep before they hit the canvas than anyone i know

Comment

Who was/is the hardest puncher of ALL TIME?

Originally posted by El Manos View Post
              I'm arguably the biggest Roberto Duran fan on this forum, he's by far my personal favorite fighter ever, but despite his "hands of stone," he doesn't belong in a thread with the above title.

Comment

Teofilo Stevenson and Felix Savon. Both was hitting very very very hard.... I believe that Stevenson was hitting even harder than Tyson, Fraizer or Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by mnikolovm View Post
                  Teofilo Stevenson and Felix Savon. Both was hitting very very very hard.... I believe that Stevenson was hitting even harder than Tyson, Fraizer or Foreman

He was KOing young amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                    He was KOing young amateurs.
                    I will not ask WHO of them because it doesnt matter since they both was boxing with experinced boxers..... You have nothing to say. They had a lot of power coming from the pivot they does.... And they both are 3 times Olympic Champions.

Comment

for p4p punch power you can't exclude Jack Dempsey at 180 lb(official) actually 175 lb according to his book, he knocked the 245 lb 6 ft 6 Willard from pillar to post. That's like fecking Nathan Cleverly getting in there and sticking Vitali Klitschko on the canvas 6 times in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                      X