Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merry christmas! xbox live and psn down

So annoying...

PSN and Xbox Live Taken Down for Christmas

Some people need to find a hobby. Maybe gaming?

by Justin Haywald on December 25, 2014

If you've got a new console or just some new games you're hoping to try out today, you might be out of luck. Both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network are both currently unavailable.

The Xbox LIve status page says that service is limited and that, "We***8217;re aware that some of you are experiencing trouble signing in to Xbox Live, and we want you to know we***8217;re working to address this as quickly as we possibly can. Thanks for your patience! We***8217;ll update you on our progress in a half hour."

The PlayStation Network is also listed as "offline," and the PlayStation Network status page reads: "We are aware that some users are experiencing difficulty logging into the PSN. We will update this article with any changes that occur in regards to this issue. Thank you for your patience."

A group called Lizard Squad on Twitter is taking responsibility for the attacks, which likely result from inundating and overloading the networks with traffic. While this doesn't comprise the integrity of the networks or your personal information, it's still a pretty big inconvenience. We won't include links to the Twitter profile, since the main goal of the group seems to not have any goal besides gaining more attention.

We'll update this story with more details as they become available.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/psn.../1100-6424403/

I saw "Merry Christmas Xbox Live" from the front page, and I thought microsoft was giving away free games or a huge discount sale or something.

I was gonna come in here and say it's a christmas miracle.

They're probably down because a couple dozen million people just plugged in their new christmas gifts and tried to go online at the same time. On top of the majority of the engineers and technicians who maintain the servers being on their day off.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-25-2014, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
      I saw "Merry Christmas Xbox Live" from the front page, and I thought microsoft was giving away free games or a huge discount sale or something.

I was gonna come in here and say it's a christmas miracle.

They're probably down because a couple dozen million people just plugged in their new christmas gifts and tried to go online at the same time. On top of the majority of the engineers and technicians who maintain the servers being on their day off.
      Well that and the hackers that have been at it since last night. The hackers group said they are doing it because the Christmas spirit is dead, pfffft. And they won't stop their attacks until they get 10,000 retweets.

Comment

Kim Dotcom of Megaupload gave them 3,000 free accounts to stop. It's still down because of how messed up it is. Hope we get a free game out of this!

Comment

The Twitter handle PSN_updates is posting that Playstation plus members should be getting free games out of this while the ask playstation Twitter has been taken over by automated robots as it answers questions from 2 days ago with the same answers being posted every 30 seconds.

They just need to tell us if it will be up today or sometime this weekend or even next week so people can prepare and stop wasting time waiting.

Comment

If anyone is still having trouble connecting to the psn try this, it worked for me:

http://kotaku.com/still-having-troub...his-1675866469

Comment

Working...
            X