Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Emanuel Augustus a really good name to Mayweather's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mangler View Post
    Augustus is world's better than his ridiculous record indicates. He ain't a big name, but he's a damn good fighter and a good win for Mr boat buyer who truly beat him, unlike the billion robberies he's endured.
    By the way, did you have him beating Micky Ward?

I thought that was a robbery also.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
      Augustus is just a journeyman, or fringe contender.

When you're one of the top fighters of the generation, names like Emannuel Augustus don't do much for your resume.
      Agreed. Augustus has this myth about him that he's such a good fighter, its just that he's been robbed so many times, he under trained, bad management, etc. He's not a bad fighter, but people overrate him.

Comment

Augustus has 30 ****ing losses, (most of which were robberies). But it's the same reason that people don't count Glenn Johnson when the look at Bernard Hopkins' victims.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
          That is the truth. JLC may have came close to winning but I never seen a fighter tag Mayweather as cleanly as Augustus did. Augustus just didn't stop coming foward, regardless of all the punches Floyd was landing

Floyd is a mentally strong fighter but he didn't seem like it against Augutus, people should go watch that fight
          Castillo landed way more cleaner (and harder) punches than Augustus did.

Augustus got a few shots in on Floyd, but they were too few and far in between.

I have no idea how this myth of Augustus being anything more than a fringe contender even got started. He's almost as overrated as Aaron Pryor (on this board).
          Last edited by deliveryman; 05-07-2009, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
            By the way, did you have him beating Micky Ward?

I thought that was a robbery also.

Yep, slightly, but I thought he won. Had Ward won by a point, I could accept it, but the scores he got were disgustin.

Comment

uhhh because he sucks?

Comment

Augustus is the typical turn up for big fights and not show up for the small ones fighter. He's a joke and I have zero respect for him. Even if you want to call 10 of his losses robberies (they're not), you still have to explain the other 20 losses lol. He showed up for Mayweather and Ward and that's pretty much the story of his career. His career highlight is bloodying Mayweather.

Comment

I dont think he took his boxing career seriously, Or maybe he didnt have the right promoter or people around him, With his fighting style he could have been a very good fighter competing at the top to win not just to get a pay like a journeyman.

Comment

I unfortunately have not got to see that fight yet. I hear that Floyd traded with him and ended up getting a bloody nose. That would be a first for me to see.

Comment

He gave Mayweather a tough fight, but respect to Mayweather for making Burton's corner throw in the towel. Jesus Chavez is the only one other then Mayweather to knock him out legit.

Comment

Working...
                      X