Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Demolishes Dominic Wade in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you fight this EXPERIENCE LEVEL OF OPPOSITION you are being put in a position to win to bring "subscribers" to hbo bc of its boxing is getting squeezed out of the rotation circulation.
    golovkins "mandatory" only had 18 fights under his belt and more than likely was bumped up in rankings to be cannon fodder for golovkin now his rankings will drop back down to where they were supposed to be. nobody gets to the #1 ranking without "INSIDE HELP" after 18 fights.
    golovkin is getting "praise" from "fans" when he literally has NOT BEAT ANY FIGHTER OF ANY WORLD CHAMPION LEVEL
    the ugly side of boxing a fighter gets praise for beating NOBODIES and the accomplished stars get ****ted on WHERE THEY DO THAT AT

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      Golovkin Lara is not a PPV fight. Golovkin won't be doing any more PPV fights unless he fights Canelo.

Which basically means that the Lara will have to happen on regular HBO, and HBO can't pay Golovkin $2M and then pay Lara $1M+ (Cause he's obviously going to ask for more than $1M especially since he's getting that amount by beating guys like Zaveck on Spike).
      1) I disagree; if HBO was confident enough to put two PPV virgins on PPV for the same event, I don't see them thinking less of Golovkin-Lara.

2) Golovkin-Wade, as a total fight card, was financed with $3m in payouts to the fighters in the televised fights; Golovkin would have to take significantly less than $2m, but the numbers are workable[especially if Gonzalez is being moved to his own fight cards]

Comment

• Comment

• I've only seen a handful of fights with Wade and he looked to be in good shape and with decent hand-speed. Last nights version of Wade looked out of shape, sloppy and he was pushing his punches in slow motion. Did he even train for this fight?

Golovkin doesn't get any credit for this nonsense. I would love to see Merchant roast his ass about the weak competition he is facing.

Wade made $500K from this fight. He obviously needed the money and this is surely a career payday for him as he will never make anything close to this again.
          Last edited by Main Source; 04-24-2016, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            Sturm lmao, that guy made a career of hiding in Europe. He's been KO'd by a 38 year old guy you never heard of named Castillejo, a huge gift decision draw against Randy Griffin and a close rematch, another gift over Macklin, etc.

Barrera and Wade aren't comparable, Sullivan is better. Murat has shown he's at least around (prime) Campillo's class.
            You're kinda making point here. It's very difficult to officially beat Sturm in Germany, he has judges and pretty much everything on his side. But the fact that Soliman did it twice, and did it so convincingly that the judges couldn't possibly find a way to give Sturm the fight, puts him ahead of Murat. Murat is a tough guy, but he's never broken through on any level.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              You're kinda making point here. It's very difficult to officially beat Sturm in Germany, he has judges and pretty much everything on his side. But the fact that Soliman did it twice, and did it so convincingly that the judges couldn't possibly find a way to give Sturm the fight, puts him ahead of Murat. Murat is a tough guy, but he's never broken through on any level.
              Murat got shut out and stopped by Cleverly. Nadjib gave Cleverly a way tougher fight back then

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                I've only seen a handful of fights with Wade and he looked to be in good shape and with decent hand-speed. Last nights version of Wade looked out of shape, sloppy and he was pushing his punches in slow motion. Did he even train for this fight?

Golovkin doesn't get any credit for this nonsense. I would love to see Merchant roast his ass about the weak competition he is facing.

Wade made $500K from this fight. He obviously needed the money and this is surely a career payday for him as he will never make anything close to this again.
                Probably he was drained, he was a mandatory challenger without never before fighting under 160, IBF is a joke.

Comment

• As taking into account the purse he had, Wade behaved with no respect for the sport...

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                    Wow just wow. GGG is the king Canelo drops the belt mark my words.
                    Unfortunately it seems given his recent quotes that's exactly whats going to happen, Either that or they lose to Khan on points on purpose and blame Khan's "speed" or feign some injury. That way forcing Khan to either step up or vacate.
                    I don't think Khan would ever risk fighting GGG, I'm sure he'll come out with a quote saying "I beat the best in the division, I have nothing else to prove, I'm as good as Mayweather, I'm going back to my natural weight category to clean up...." or some something to that effect. Which leaves GGG with little option but to fight anther can for the vacant belt.

The situation is really quite depressing, the sanctioning bodies could sort it all out by just making GGG the Mandatory for all the belts and force current holders hands. Unfortunately that will likely never happen and we'll continue to have people openly avoiding Golovkin.

I see Merit in the arguments for and against Little G fighting at a higher weight category, but I'd personally like to see him clear up the belts at MW before moving on to the Wards and Kovalevs of this world. There are some compelling matchups if sanctioning bodies are willing to do the right thing. All we can do is hope for the best.

Comment

• If nelo fought wade it would be 12 round decision win for nelo

Comment

Working...
                      X