No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murray: Sergio Martinez Talks in Very Early Stages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murray: Sergio Martinez Talks in Very Early Stages

Martin Murray wants to end a frustrating year on a high when he faces fellow unbeaten prospect Jorge Navarro for the WBA interim middleweight crown on Saturday night.

The St Helens fighter thrust himself into the world-title picture last December when he travelled to Germany as a heavy underdog and battled to a keenly-contested draw against then WBA ruler Felix Sturm.

Six months of untimely inactivity followed, during which period a proposed tilt at Julio Cesar Chavez Jr's WBC belt in America fell through due to visa issues.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Murray really impressed me v Sturm but I still would like to see him against decent opposition. That's his only fight above C list (maybe even D list).

He is as tough as old boots though.

Comment

Nobody wants to see this fight sigh

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
        Nobody wants to see this fight sigh
        This is what I was going to post, minus the "sigh"

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyDempsey View Post
          This is what I was going to post, minus the "sigh"
          So Martinez just has surgery and fights the number 8 middle in the world and you *****, bet you think Ward Pavlik is legit then huh

Comment

Originally posted by julian45 View Post
            So Martinez just has surgery and fights the number 8 middle in the world and you *****, bet you think Ward Pavlik is legit then huh
            He's #10 and who knows why,

Comment

Man no one wants to see this garbage ass cherry pick of a fight. Dude is damn near 40. Let's go.

Comment

I don't like this fight but what else is Martinez going to do?

if Chavez jr fights Macklin then the WBC will probably make Murray the mandatory which takes care of that and it's a fight in Argentina to boot.

Martinez wanted to move back down to 154 but couldn't get a meaningful fight.

Nobody with anything to lose at 154 is going to touch him. Saul Alvarez might say he wants to fight Martinez in public but in private it's a no go. Miguel Cotto isn't interested and neither is Mayweather.

people will say Golovkin and I'd like to see that but outside of hardcore boxing fans GGG is totally unknown.

Murray isn't a fight i'm excited about but since the big names don't want to fight Martinez, that's just how it's going to be. we all know this is just a set up for Martinez vs Chavez 2 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  He's #10 and who knows why,
                  He is 8th on Transnational Rankings, I believe, and they are the only ones that count in my book, but if you want to look at ring, then he is 8th also

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                    I don't like this fight but what else is Martinez going to do?

if Chavez jr fights Macklin then the WBC will probably make Murray the mandatory which takes care of that and it's a fight in Argentina to boot.

Martinez wanted to move back down to 154 but couldn't get a meaningful fight.

Nobody with anything to lose at 154 is going to touch him. Saul Alvarez might say he wants to fight Martinez in public but in private it's a no go. Miguel Cotto isn't interested and neither is Mayweather.

people will say Golovkin and I'd like to see that but outside of hardcore boxing fans GGG is totally unknown.

Murray isn't a fight i'm excited about but since the big names don't want to fight Martinez, that's just how it's going to be. we all know this is just a set up for Martinez vs Chavez 2 anyway.
                    NO ONE at 154 want any part of Martinez, he was ducked then and will be ducked now

Comment

Working...
                    X