Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the WBC's Status on unification?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the WBC's Status on unification?

Do they allow it now or not?

Last update I got was from Mr. David in his 10 count saying the only reason he allowed it with Danny Garcia was because he didn't know Danny had the WBA belt despite unifying and defending it.... I think twice before he died.

Has his son embraced the same stance or are the WBC open to unification of titles now?

He definitely should've known Floyd/Canelo was a unification... but he gets immunity to everything, so kind of moot

Money talks. That's their stance on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Money talks. That's their stance on everything.
      They also let Ioka/Yaegashi do it.

So I don't know if they're resistant or just fip floppy with it.

Comment

I would say it is a ca$e by ca$e basis, as in if you pay the super secret extra high unification fee they will allow it (or if you bring in just a ton of money normally), if you don't they won't.

Comment

When Stevenson/fonfara fights Hopkins/shumenov will they do it?

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            When Stevenson/fonfara fights Hopkins/shumenov will they do it?
            I think they will. I don't know if the Eternal Presiden'ts son will embrace his spotty rule, but who knows.

GBP/Showtime made all that effort and HBO/ME were confident they could get it done

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded
              Officially, they say that the winner of a unification fight must choose which belt to keep. They said winner of Garcia-Judah and Alvarez-Trout would have to chose which belt to keep, for example. However, I cannot think of a single example where they've actually enforced their anti-unification policy.
              You know what.... I remember them doing it to Tim and Ioka after they unified, both dropping the WBC in the process. I think Garcia's the only one who hasn't had to do it... well Floyd too

Comment

I believe they are typically against it. I think they charge 1 or 2% less to the fighters when they are unifying.

Less money for them, more money coming out of the fighters pocket for different sanctioning bodies.

Nobody wins financially which is why I think it is allowed but generally looked down upon by fighters/sanctioning bodies.

I think the only way of getting away from the alphabet soup belts is the format MMA has.

Everyone knows UFC is the most popular and has the best fighters, for the most parts. People are coming up from other promotions to get there. Maybe soon enough one of the boxing promotional companies will emerge as the "UFC of boxing" and issue their promotional version of a world championship.

Comment

The only unification the WBC will allow is the diamond champion can unify against there regular champion or there silver champion or the youth champion .
                  They want every cent.
                  How many sanctioning fees can these greedy fuk's want

Comment

Working...
                  X