Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is biggest threat to Rigondeaux? ( Besides HBO/ Bob Arum)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is biggest threat to Rigondeaux? ( Besides HBO/ Bob Arum)

I have always said since I first started boxing and really studying the sport that Cubans are best boxers in the world. At least when it comes to fundamentals and ring smarts. Rigo and Lara continue to impress the hell outta me. Having said that I can't think of anyone right now other than maybe Lomachenko (who only had 1 pro fight but his amature experience is like that if Rigo ) that would give Guillermo a good test. Who do you think would give him a go?

I dont know he needs to fight a pressure fighter who wont let himself be intimidated once he is in the ring with him. The problem is Rigondeaux fights people like he has fought them 100 times before even was the case with Donaire, but the people fighting him usually see themselves in with a type of boxer and skill level they have never seen before.

Comment

Leo Santa Cruz, Mijares, nor Kiko... want anything to do with El Chacal.

Lomachenko's team already stated that they want no part of Rigo as they are siding with Arum's/Top Rank theory of Excitement first.... ...

Comment

I would go with Mares. He is a skilled pressure fighter who has already shown he can handle a world class slickster. Not saying I would pick him to beat Rigo, but I think he has the best chance right now.

Comment

Ali Raymi should've been first post. Rigo's biggest threat is the corrupt judging system (see Pacman-Bradley), in a fair world he retires undefeated imo.

Comment

In his division, i think Carl Frampton and Leo Santa Cruz have the best shot an upset
            The Cuban HAS to be favoured over both though

Comment

raymi, but since he's avoiding him then it's loma

Comment

I have to go with Lomachenko. Both men have seen EVERYTHING in the ring as far as style and skills go. There really is nothing you can show them that will be new to them. I believe the most you can do is probably out hustle them with conditioning. That's all. With almost 400 fights each and close to no losses together. Trust me. They've seen it all. Rigo could solve Loma and Loma could solve Rigo. It would boil down to who can last longer IMO.

Comment

Working...
                X