With the plaster and 8 to 1 boxing clinic do you view cotto as a 1 loss fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
    nope 2 lossses its just a matter of time before he gets beat again
    Its just a matter of time before he wins again too. Whats your point?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Its just a matter of time before he wins again too. Whats your point?
      that he is going to lose first before wins again cotto burnt out the pig is done thats my point.

Comment

I'm still skeptical about it. Can't never know for sure. Overall, I think Cotto's win over Margarito this time had more to do with his much improved gameplan more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
          that he is going to lose first before wins again cotto burnt out the pig is done thats my point.
          Yeah, he looked real burnt out against Margarito.

Comment

Margarito was landing far more punches in the first fight Cotto was going to the ropes far too much and also he was getting tired from the 7th onward.Steward has done some good work with him and Pedro Diaz has continued it on the flip side i dont think Garcia has really enhanced Margarito at all Capetillio was the perfect trainer for him.Not really that it would have made much difference Cotto was uding him Capetillio or no Capetillio 2 weeks ago

Comment

2 defeats for Cotto. At first, i believed Marg cheated on their 1st fight. But after watching the rematch and the result on Cotto's face, he might have been clean on their 1st fight. Maybe Marg was only cheating on Mosley due to Shane having a good chin. The only fighter who ever hurt(that i know of) Mosley was Vernon Forrest.

The way Cotto fought on the 2 fights were different. Its been awhile since i watch the 1st fight but Cotto was at punching range of Marg in the fight. Even when Cotto was backing up, he wasn't at a distance were Marg would miss.

On the 2nd fight, Cotto used boxing skills, lateral movements, backing up, pushing(not the Khan type), punching then moving away. And Cotto has a main target in the form of the right eye of Marg.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandiez1 View Post
                With the plaster incident and the rematch being 8 rounds to 1 there is no doubt that first win was dirty. Do you guys view cotto as only having one leigt loss now which was to pacquiao. Even though I still cant put him in top ten but a win over chavez jr would make him ten in my eyes.

Here we go again its impossible to get away with using plaster in boxing match. This has been gone over at least a dozen times by now. If Margarito used(or attempted to use) plaster against Cotto he would have been caught just like he was against Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Here we go again its impossible to get away with using plaster in boxing match. This has been gone over at least a dozen times by now. If Margarito used(or attempted to use) plaster against Cotto he would have been caught just like he was against Mosley
                  It's not impossible though to use some other kind of device meant to harden a fighters punches, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    LOL, living in denial.

It's pretty much a fact that Margarito cheated in the first fight anyone who denies is an idiot or a butthurt fangirl.

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
                      anything aside from what is known is speculation

i agree 100000% but lab results PROVED there was plaster of paris in his wraps and the commission DIDNT buy his story and stated he was tryin to lie about not knowing or cheating hence his yr suspension. Their was enough evidence to PROVE he had loaded wraps. y are we still talkin about this? why are ppl still denying the evidence and proof? someone in this forum copied parts of the case and posted it so ppl would shut up and stop speculating when the proof is already there. As for the 2 fights...loaded wraps or not i think it coulda went either way. it woulda been close cuz the fact remains cotto was gettin hit and sittin on the ropes to often. the 2nd fight he was smarter, stayed away from the ropes and brawling. he outboxed margs.
                      Last edited by nv__; 12-16-2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X