No announcement yet.

Ajose Olusegun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ajose Olusegun

It looks like he's stepped aside again so Khan can fight Garcia.

Does anyone have any details on what happened? For weeks I heard him saying "Garcia better fight me or else"* etc... then suddenly Garcia is fighting Khan & there's no mention of Ajose.

Did he get a big step aside fee? Is he on a promise to fight the winner? I can't see Khan fighting him.

Anyone?

* - not those exact words but you know what I mean.

Originally posted by taansend View Post
    It looks like he's stepped aside again so Khan can fight Garcia.

Does anyone have any details on what happened? For weeks I heard him saying "Garcia better fight me or else"* etc... then suddenly Garcia is fighting Khan & there's no mention of Ajose.

Did he get a big step aside fee? Is he on a promise to fight the winner? I can't see Khan fighting him.

Anyone?

* - not those exact words but you know what I mean.
    I'm sure the WBC will sanction the bout for the sanctioning fee and then strip the winner and have Ajose fight someone for a vacant belt. The same thing is going on at 147. Aydin has been the mando for going on 3 years. They'll probably make Floyd champion in recess; and have the winners of Guerrero-Aydin and Berto-Lopez fight each other for the Title.

I was under the impression that Garcia was to fight Olusegun if he could not secure a different bout in a certain time period. He said there's no amount he could be paid to step aside.

Comment

He didn't step aside.

He said the WBC will not sanction it. And, if they do then, he will take it to court.

Comment

The sanctioning bodies do what they want.

Hasim Rahman refused to step aside for Povetkin-Huck, but Povetkin didn't get stripped for that Jr WBA strap. Martinez said he wasn't stepping aside for (recent Chavez Jr opponent), but he didn't get stripped either.

Saying that, Khan is probably going to be fighting for his two former titles, so I'm sure whether he gets the WBC title or not isn't that big a deal for him.

If the WBC does strip Garcia, I imagine Olusegun will become the interim champion, and face the winner of Soto-Matthyse for the full title. At least, that would be what happens in an ideal world.

Comment

The WBC's rules allow for a title unification to come before a mandatory.

If Khan gets his belts back then a fight with Danny Garcia will be a unification...meaning that this fight can take place before any mandatory with Olusegun.

Comment

Working...
          X