No announcement yet.

Rampage and Rashad Altercation at UFC 100

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skullduggery View Post
    rashaad knocks rampage out in the 3rd....
    I think Machida shown the way how to beat Evans in the future and Rampage will go on and do the same thing.

Comment

I dont like Ras but i rate the man still...

But Rampage is something else and he gets to Ras and most likely stops him

Comment

I dont like Rashad either, I respect him as a fighter but I think he comes off as too cocky. While Page is also hella cocky but he does in a joking manner, Where rashad seems like he's serious and naturally like that.

But from Dana's vid blog or what were shown, it seems like Page starts the altercation. I didnt think that was cool, I know Page hates the guys guts, but rashad was just chillin. It also doesnt seem professional in front of your bosses and royce gracie. But It couldve been all hype, you never know.

Comment

I cant wait to see Rampage knock Evans out.
          Never liked him. Machida made my year by beating dat ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
            I think Machida shown the way how to beat Evans in the future and Rampage will go on and do the same thing.
            LOL. Yeah because Rampage Jackson is just a carbon copy of Lyoto Machida

Rampage packs a hell of a punch, but Rashad is going to dance around him and pick him apart for a UD or late TKO.

Rampage is flat footed and his wrestling is not better than Rashad's
            Last edited by TheNegation; 07-17-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

I think Rampage is way better than Machida at wrestling. Power alone makes him better not to mention skill and positioning.

Now were just talking wrestling here right ? ...lol !!

Comment

I bet that camera man shat himself when lesnar came at him and started screaming into the camera.

Comment

first of u never know how a fighter rebound s after getting KOd fior the first time. if he fights as badly as he did against machida rampage will end him in 1. if he steps up he has the tools to beat rampage. dont know where hes at mentally. i mean getting iced like that by a guy who isnt known to knock ppl out, losing for the first time. then fighting a known puncher and mma legend in your very first fight. just cuz a fighter acts cocky doesnt mean he isnt nervous or even scared on the inside, if anything its a sign of it.

Comment

Originally posted by American_Ninja View Post
                    I cant wait to see Rampage knock Evans out.
                    Never liked him. Machida made my year by beating dat ass.
                    **** lol gotta Co Sign that though!

It was after the Liddell clash and the way he does that silly fuking stumbling dance he does when he wins fights Machida beat the life outta him...

Comment

Originally posted by Still Pimpin View Post
                      I think Rampage is way better than Machida at wrestling. Power alone makes him better not to mention skill and positioning.

Now were just talking wrestling here right ? ...lol !!
                      It is a difficult thing to say actually, if we are talking about "MMA Wrestling." As far as the sport of wrestling goes, I would definitely favor Rampage.

However, wrestling in MMA is mostly just takedowns/takedown defense, ground control, scrambling and escapes. As such, a man's ability to utilize wrestling against an opponent in MMA depends on more limited factors. Basically, wrestling is a different 'game' all together.

As far as Machida's background, he is an accomplished sumo wrestler, and is trained in BJJ. Sumo is not generally a force in MMA, however takedowns are a quintessential aspect of sumo competition, and sumo wrestling is in fact a very technical sport (at the intricate level), so I believe Machida's sumo ability serves him very well.

The other thing is, as I mentioned above, the application of wrestling to MMA is more limited than the application of wrestling is to, say, a wrestling match. As such, it is indeed possible for Machida to focus his training on the aspects of wrestling which are complimentary to his existing abilities. Being that he is now a 'world' champion, at the top of his game, I would expect that he is training very hard to fill whichever holes may exist in his grappling game.

There is a line of reasoning in boxing, which suggests that a fighter usually gets 20% better upon winning a world title. In Machida's case, I would think this would be most certainly the case.

Just enjoy the show. Machida is here to stay.
                      Last edited by Drunken Cat; 07-20-2009, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X