Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My friend has $150,000. How should he invest it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two investment properties. I'm currently selling one of them now (it's actually under agreement at the moment). I was fortunate to buy the triple decker about 4 years ago when the market was very depressed and will sell it now for a decent profit - mind you, I've put a lot capital expenditures and 'sweat equity' into it. When all's said and done, I'll have a decent chunk o' change leftover.

I want to invest the $$$ in an M.B.A. degree but I have a lot going on right now in my life

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I have two investment properties. I'm currently selling one of them now (it's actually under agreement at the moment). I was fortunate to buy the triple decker about 4 years ago when the market was very depressed and will sell it now for a decent profit - mind you, I've put a lot capital expenditures and 'sweat equity' into it. When all's said and done, I'll have a decent chunk o' change leftover.

I want to invest the $$$ in an M.B.A. degree but I have a lot going on right now in my life
      depends what you mean by that bro, it's never a good idea to start University when you have a lot on your plate already. take it from me personally, if you're going to go to college or university, do it because you want to and you actually want to learn. If you're doing it for the sake of doing it, in the end you may come out with a degree, but you wouldn't have learned anything. In short do it, IF you can put education FIRST.

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
        I keep hearing that pretty soon the value of the dollar will drop and it won't be worth very much. What should my friend invest in so that his life savings won't go down in value the way the dollar will?
        From a business consultant's point of view I would say gold or oil. Property can be a risky depending on where you would buy it, the market is so unstable that there's no way of being sure. if you are going to invest in property, get real good professional advice before doing so. Investing in property can be a bit of a hassle too depending on what you are doing with it. If you don't have much time and want to play it safe, pick gold or oil.

Comment

gumball machines

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
            I keep hearing that pretty soon the value of the dollar will drop and it won't be worth very much. What should my friend invest in so that his life savings won't go down in value the way the dollar will?
            I invested about the same amount in a restaurant business and I walked away with about $10,000 a month profit. That's a good 120K a year I only did this for a few years as I was scared the business was going to go under so I wanted to get out while the getting was good.

Most restaurants are obviously a gamble especially in todays economy but if you land a hot one then you will be making good cash flow. My partners all had
            about 6 times the amount I put in and all have easily about 2 million profit.

The restaurant business is real tough and theres a ton of drama so you need really thick skin if you venture into it.

Comment

Silver there is a lot of money to made.

Comment

My suggestion is to invest in syringes. And sell these to drug users.

And then, use this as a leverage mark to work your way into the drug game.

Comment

He could make a donation to Rumblin' Rockin' Promotions inc. to help us get up and running sooner and could then write it off on his taxes.

Rumblin' Rockin Promotions believes in 3 things: honesty, integrity and bringing you only the best in amateur boxing action. Look us up, we're 100% legit............... Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                  X