Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Pound-for-Pound list. (1 year from now)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Pound-for-Pound list. (1 year from now)

Providing that Pac/Floyd doesn't get made in the next year this is what I feel the P4P list could look like a year from now.

1) Pacquiao

2) Sergio or PBF, you decide.

3) Sergio or PBF, you decide.

4) JMM

5) *Winner of the fight between the Montiel/Donaire winner vs. Bantamweight tournament winner* [1].

6) *Winner of the Super-Middleweight tournament vs. Lucian Bute or Mikkel Kessler* [2].

7) *The dominant Junior-Welterweight* [3]

8) The dominant Featherweight (e.g. Juanma Lopez, Chris John or Gamboa).

9) Pongsaklek Wonjongkam

10) The dominant Light-Heavyweight (e.g. Pascal, Hopkins or Dawson).

Notes:

[1] The Montiel/Donaire winner would be top-10 P4P anyway, but if they were to beat, or be beaten, by the Bantamweight tournament winner, that fighter should be #5 P4P, perhaps even 4th ahead of JMM.

[2] The winner of the SMW tournament would also be top-10 P4P. BTW, I currently have Carl Froch in my P4P list as I think his resume is superb and is also undefeated IMO (I had him drawing against Kessler, not losing). If the winner of this tournament fights Kessler (he is promised a fight with the tournament winner) or Lucian Bute (another top fighter), then the winner of these fights would be #6 P4P IMO.

[3] JWW is one of the best divisions in the sport, and the winners of Khan/Maidana and Bradley/Alexander are probably going to fight each other in the summer. This would determine the lineal championship at JWW and unify the division too. I think that the lineal champ at 140 deserves to be #7 P4P.

** I've purposefully left out all Heavyweights (e.g. Wlad, Vitali and Haye) as I think that Heavyweights shouldn't be in P4P lists.

Your thoughts and predictions? Who do you think will win the above tournaments and match-ups?

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
    Who do you think will win the above tournaments and match-ups?
    - I've got Donaire becoming Bantamweight Champion;

- Froch becoming Super-Middleweight Champion;

- Amir Khan becoming Junior-Welterweight Champion;

- Juanma Lopez should be the dominant Featherweight;

- and I think Hopkins will become LHW champ again (but I want Pascal to beat him).

Comment

if pac fights mosley they will bump him down. mark my words sergio will be number one if pac keeps cherry picking and floyd stays on vacation

Comment

Froch lost to Kessler. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Facts N Logic View Post
          if pac fights mosley they will bump him down. mark my words sergio will be number one if pac keeps cherry picking and floyd stays on vacation
          at least pac is being active. if ur logic is right, i dont know how the hell floyd is still p4p #2

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Roll View Post
            at least pac is being active. if ur logic is right, i dont know how the hell floyd is still p4p #2
            i didnt say floyd was number 2

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Roll View Post
              Originally posted by Facts N Logic View Post
              i didnt say floyd was number 2
              I'd hate it if Pac fought Shane. There's no reward in fighting Mosley. I'd rather Pacman fight a younger fighter, even Berto ffs!

Floyd is too inactive to be #2, I have him at #3 behind Sergio. I do think PBF is the best boxer in the world though and I believe he'd beat Pacman in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
                Froch lost to Kessler. Get over it.
                You can't deny it was a close fight mate. Could have gone either way. If it was in Nottingham, Froch would have got the decision. If it was in the USA, in neutral territory, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
                  I'd hate it if Pac fought Shane. There's no reward in fighting Mosley. I'd rather Pacman fight a younger fighter, even Berto ffs!

Floyd is too inactive to be #2, I have him at #3 behind Sergio. I do think PBF is the best boxer in the world though and I believe he'd beat Pacman in a fight.
                  agreed.
                  floyd needs to get in there and kick ass. preferably martinez.

pac needs to fight berto, or marquez to shut him up.

then when theyre done, a pac-mayweather fight would be the final icing on the cake.

Comment

I agree, I'm glad we might get a few clear cut champions in each division.

I think Ward will come out as the dominant SMW (I had Froch losing to Kessler didn't think it was that close and I believe Ward beats both)

Donaire as Bantamweight Champion

Still undecided in the Featherweight division either Lopez or John

And I think Hopkins will beat Pascal (but lose to Dawson) but I don't expect Hopkins to fight Dawson.
                    Last edited by Ryn0; 12-08-2010, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X