Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To peeps who rank Barrera and Morales over JMM. Would a Khan win put JMM over them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why anyone would rank Morales and Barrera higher especially since both those fighters were all but done by the time they turned 29 while Marquez is still chugging along in his mid 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      I don't know why anyone would rank Morales and Barrera higher especially since both those fighters were all but done by the time they turned 29 while Marquez is still chugging along in his mid 30's.
      Morales still has a better resume though.

Comment

very solid argument... i think its because, Erik & Marco had accomplished more when they were in the twenty's.. its not that JMM can't do it, since its obviously, it was just a matter of opportuinies denied in Marquez case, but we can't just deny erik & marco their achivements early on.. the case is like Marquez seems to be the really better fighter but Erik & Marco has done more..

Comment

Morales could have retired a hall of fame fighter by the time Juan Manuel Marquez won his first title. Not to mention he should have been the first Mexican born fighter to win titles in 4 weight divisions. Not to mention he's the last man to defeat Manny Pacquiao...where Juan Manuel Marquez failed twice.

When you fight so many championship rounds you tend to flame out a little faster than someone who was fighting the Roque Cassiani's of the world.

Comment

nope. barrera and morales > marquez. all day. any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny Anaconda View Post
              Now the catch is of course that JMM will be the first Mexican fighter to win four titles in four different divisions. But that's only if Khan gets to have the priviledge of not vacating. Me personally, I don't think that a win over Khan and no other title holder that's viewed as tougher should put JMM over those other two and I like JMM a lot. The reason is Khan is not a good fighter at all to me. He got sparked out by a wild swinging Prescott who has lost a fight to an unheraled opponent since. So do you think that if JMM beats Khan it should be kept in perspective?

Now if you ask me how I personally have them ranked I have it like,
              Morales
              JMM
              Barrera

The reason I have JMM ranked over Barrera is because he beat him while he was moving up in weight even if it was a little close, and he outperformed Barrera against three common opponents in Juarez, Pacquiao, and Peden. But the guy I have in the #1 spot is Morales. So really the title of my thread should leave Barrera out of it since I already have him ranked third, but I know of a **** load of people who have JMM ranked in last place between the three.

Now if JMM beat Valero, Bradley, or Alexander that to me is more impressive than beating Khan and I would have him ranked the best out of the three when it comes to all those guys. And if you already have JMM ranked over Barrera and Morales, you shouldn't really post in this thread. Not that your opininion doesn't count. It's just that this thread is directed toward people who already have Barrera and Morales out shining JMM in greatness.
              Big argument for that one.

I'll have it like this

1a Morales 1b JMM
              2. Barrera

Comment

Morales-------Barrera------Marquez

Pacquiao(27)----Hamed-------Barrera(33)
                Barrera ---------Morales--------Cassamayor(37)
                Jones ----------McKinney-------J.Diaz
                Chavez --------Tapia ----------Medina
                Zaragoza ------Salud ----------Gainer
                Chi -------------- Ayala ---------Juarez
                Hernandez----- Juarez ----------Peden
                McCullough-----A. Sanchez------Salido
                Ayala -----------Peden ----------Polo

----------1----------2----------3

Comment

I already rate JMM higher then MAB. IMO he is as high as Morales now. But if he beats Amir he should be ranked higher than Morales. so to answer your question, yes a Khan-win would put JMM above MAB and Morales.

Comment

EM was robbed of his 4th title...

EM no doubt is above MAB and JMM..

Comment

Working...
                    X