No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alekseev vs. Masternak Purse Bid is Won By Sauerland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alekseev vs. Masternak Purse Bid is Won By Sauerland

Sauerland Event won the purse bids for the right to stage the mandatory EBU cruiserweight title fight between Alexander Alekseev and Polish challenger Mateusz Masternak, who Sauerland promote.

Sauerland - the only bidder it seems - bid 80,000 EUR. Date and site will be announced in the near future.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Very good matchup.

Alexeev is highly skilled and talented, but lacks toughness, while Masternak appears to be the complete package of skill, power, and heart.

Comment

Good fight. Whilst I think Alexseev has some damn good skills, I don't think his chins up to par.
      Masternak K.O/TKO for me.

Comment

Masternak is one of the current prospects I want to see more of the most. Glad he is staying active, but with as many fights as he already has under his belt, saying he has been brought along slowly is an understatement. I take nothing away from him though. Seems to be the real deal so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Very good matchup.

Alexeev is highly skilled and talented, but lacks toughness, while Masternak appears to be the complete package of skill, power, and heart.
          In his two recent Licina and Arslan fights he's gone out of his way to fight on the inside basically toe to toe and has showed alot of toughness even though it would be better for him from a strategic standpoint to fight as the boxer-puncher he is.

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Good fight. Whilst I think Alexseev has some damn good skills, I don't think his chins up to par.
          Masternak K.O/TKO for me.
          Ramirez never dropped him that i remember it was more of a gassing out situation in his first fight that went beyond a couple rounds and Lebedev is a huge puncher that caught him right on the temple and put him out cold. I don't think his chin is bad.

Masternak fights with his hands down and leaves them down when he's in the pocket and Alekseev is a very good counter puncher, a southpaw and has good power. If Alekseev reclaims his normal style rather than trying to just brawl inside it could make for a very good test to Masternak.

Masternak fighting Alekseev and Dmytro Kucher fighting Herelius means two of the top cruiserweight prospects are making the jump into the top of the division. All we need now is Chakhkiev to take the same step. Cruiserweight is looking very good right now. There is also talk of Wlodarczyk vs Drozd which would be a okay fight.
          Last edited by Mikhnienko; 10-01-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X