No announcement yet.

Concealed carry gets would-be hero killed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
    Funny you bring up the mass shootings. Care to share with us what percentage of those occurred in places where guns are banned? 'Course not....

And I was hoping you saw the edit before you wasted time on that post. And I agree with the bigger issue bit. The bigger issue has nothing to do with guns. But the person holding it. The person holding the knife. The bomb. Etc.

Where the fuk are parents these days? Just let your kids veg out all day on Grand theft auto? God forbid if you kick your kid off the PlayStation. God forbid if you get caught disciplining your kid.
    Are you seriously trying to equate the rise in mass shootings with the popularity of violent video games!?

Barn and I play 'Gears of War' and 'Battlefield' all the time. The vast majority of that time we're shooting mother****ers in the face and teabagging their recently deceased corpses while laughing our asses off. Yet we're two of the most limp-wristed p*ssified liberals (as I'm sure you see us) this lounge has ever seen.

I was with you through most of that post. Even puffed up my chest a bit when I read the bit about bad parents, but video games causing violent tendencies in those who play them has been repeatedly debunked in study after study.

I do think it's a bit too easy to blame bad parenting, though. Mental illness plays a huge role in these shootings. A role that nobody seems to want to address due to the irrational stigma we have regarding it here in the US.

That's not to say that I don't think guns are also a problem, though. Clearly, they are. Comprehensive mental healthcare coupled with a firearms licensing program would be my approach to stemming the bloodflow.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      Hyperbole and masturbatory techniques aside - Do you honestly believe that Joe Schmoe with a concealed carry is equally equipped to deal with a spree shooter as his ex-military counterpart is?
      I'll be honest with you

I see your point but I know a handful of Joe Schmoe's that I would trust handling a firearm in a heated situation than trusting some 22 year old rookie cop or ex-military veteran.
      Last edited by -jose-; 06-30-2014, 06:23 PM.

Comment

A military veteran with a concealed carry permit is completely different than your average citizen (like Mr. Wilcox) having one.

One has undergone years of rigorous training and has experienced life in a combat zone where hair-trigger reflexes and an ability to stay focused while under the threat of gunfire is paramount to your own survival.

The other guy fantasizes about being Clint Eastwood while masturbating.
        I fantasize about being Clint Eastwood in Bridges of Madison County while I masturbate.

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Comment

This is my favourite cautionary tail about dickless concealed carry morons:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...rage-incident/

"Robert Taylor, 56, and James Pullum, 43, were driving on a highway in Ionia, Mich., when Taylor began to closely follow Pullum, according to the Ionia Public Safety Department, based on witness reports.
          The two drivers eventually pulled into the parking lot of Wonder Wand Car Wash, at the intersection of M-66 highway and Steele Street. where they got out of their vehicles and fired shots at each other, police said. The two men exchanged a total of eight to nine shots, police said."

Yep. They each stopped a bad guy with a gun by being the good guy with a gun and just stood their ground to death. It would be funny but their deaths deprived two wives of husbands, two families of a father and their respective villages of an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
            I'll be honest with you

I see your point but I know a handful of Joe Schmoe's that I would trust handling a firearm in a heated situation than trusting some 22 year old rookie cop or veteran but that's me.
            I appreciate your honesty and consider that a fair point.

Now lets rub the tips of our d*cks together in a show of unison.

I fantasize about being Clint Eastwood in Bridges of Madison County while I masturbate.

Ain't nothing wrong with that.
            I've still never seen that film. I don't normally do romance movies, but I've heard from various sources that it's solid. Are you man enough to recommend I watch it?

Comment

BRINGER- your being weak on this one..

Illinois just passed concealed carry, and it's not like everyone thinks their going to be Rambo.. 99% just want to feel the sense of safety! much like how people like dogs around their house.. It's for a worse case scenario.. Bad guys are always gonna have guns, so I got no problem with regular citizens using them or carrying concealed..

In Illinois they are not allowed in bars, and a few weeks ago at the 5th quarter sports bar in east Peoria Illinois, a crazy ex-husband shot his ex wife and her boyfriend in the face in the middle of a packed bar.. Fortunately their was an off duty cop there that shot and killed the shooter.. Only bringing it up since it just happened, there has been a big debate locally about it, so I've heard both sides..

I just think it's weak to deride concealed carry based off the assumption that people are gonna play Rambo.. It's absurd notion..

Right wing does a lot of fear mongering, but your doing the same, saying everyone is gonna be like Rambo and that's why they want conceal carry, and were gonna have average folks getting into firefights, when in reality, that is just not the case
              Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 06-30-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Are you seriously trying to equate the rise in mass shootings with the popularity of violent video games!?
                Negative, it was just an example of a poular game that kids veg out on. Make the game madden '14 or whatever. Even worse, is the parent just giving the game to the kid i. Hopes that he veges out on it and leaves them alone. They never spend any time with them, never teach them anything. ****, atleast make your kid work for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  This is my favourite cautionary tail about dickless concealed carry morons:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...rage-incident/

"Robert Taylor, 56, and James Pullum, 43, were driving on a highway in Ionia, Mich., when Taylor began to closely follow Pullum, according to the Ionia Public Safety Department, based on witness reports.
                  The two drivers eventually pulled into the parking lot of Wonder Wand Car Wash, at the intersection of M-66 highway and Steele Street. where they got out of their vehicles and fired shots at each other, police said. The two men exchanged a total of eight to nine shots, police said."

Yep. They each stopped a bad guy with a gun by being the good guy with a gun and just stood their ground to death. It would be funny but their deaths deprived two wives of husbands, two families of a father and their respective villages of an idiot.
                  SMH.

I'm still waiting for a similarly funny (but equally sad) story about something similar going down in one of those bars that now allowed people to carry concealed weapons.

Drunk guy coming out of the bathroom after having just taken a piss accidentally bumps shoulders with another drunk guy on his way in. A petty argument about manhood and "disrespect" then ensues before finally escalating into a full-fledged confrontation resulting in 37 shots fired without a single person being hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    BRINGER- your being weak on this one..

Illinois just passed concealed carry, and it's not like everyone thinks their going to be Rambo.. 99% just want to feel the sense of safety! much like how people like dogs around their house.. It's for a worse case scenario..
                    You mean like somebody shoots you in the head and steals your gun worst case?

Bad guys are always gonna have guns, so I got no problem with regular citizens using them or carrying concealed..
                    Not in Canada, Britain, Australia or other civilised countries with reasonable gun restrictions. Very few "bad guys" have guns there. You know why? They're not expecting some **** to shoot them as they go about being "bad".

In Illinois they are not allowed in bars, and a few weeks ago at the 5th quarter sports bar in east Peoria Illinois, a crazy ex-husband shot his ex wife and her boyfriend in the face in the middle of a packed bar.. Fortunately their was an off duty cop there that shot and killed the shooter..
                    Why? Why is that fortunate? Do you think that this guy was going to shoot and kill the people he had a problem with and then say "What the hell, I've got this gun and this bar full of people, may as well kill everyone!"?

What if there were three people with guns, each one of whom thought that the other one was the "bad guy"? What if it was everyone with guns?

Only bringing it up since it just happened, there has been a big debate locally about it, so I've heard both sides..

Right wing does a lot of fear mongering, but your doing the same, saying everyone is gonna be like Rambo and that's why they want conceal carry, and were gonna have average folks getting into firefights, when in reality, that is just not the case
                    That's true. They don't get into firefights. They get gunned down. Or they get put on trial for murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
                      Don't we all, though.
                      I know, he said that like 90% of males don't have that fantasy.

Comment

Working...
                      X