No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes, Andy Lee Await Decision on Chavez Jr. Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vanes, Andy Lee Await Decision on Chavez Jr. Shot

According to sources in Mexico, both Andy Lee (28-1, 20KOs) and Vanes Martirosyan (32-0, 20KOs) are in the running to face WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (45-0, 31KOs) on June 16th in El Paso, Texas. HBO has approved both Lee and Vanes as potential Chavez opponents for June 16. At this point, according to sources with knowledge of the details, there are no roadblocks for either opponent. Barring any issues, Chavez's father, Julio Sr., expects a decision to be made before the end of the week.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arum wont let Chavez Jr. fight Andy Lee to much of a risk

Comment

Why do I still feel it's gonna be Margarito?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
        Arum wont let Chavez Jr. fight Andy Lee to much of a risk
        He'll fight Lee before he fights Martirosyan.

Comment

Sr. was the one who blocked the Andy Lee fight last time because he was a southpaw. Vanes it is.

Comment

As much as I can't stand Vanes, I think he's just as much a risk as Lee.

Comment

No way Arum let's Jr fight Andy Lee. He's too much of a legit threat at Middleweight so their gonna go with a Jr Middleweight. It'll be Vanes or Margarito.

Comment

It'll be Margarito. Lee will fight Sergio. Vanes will probably step up his level of opponent and fight someone like Brian Vera......sarcastic of course, but probably true.

Comment

Only what planet is andy lee a legit threat?

Has anybody followed his career lately?

Comment

Who's gonna train Vanes if they fight? Freddie would probably follow the money and go with Jcc Jr but I don't think that match would be made. Andy Lee maybe but I could see Arum trying to extort whatever is left from Margarito's name, good fit for Texas.

Comment

Working...
                    X