Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Delvin Rodriguez Ready For Canelo, Big Names at 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we talking about a guy who lost to such ATG's as Issac Hlatswayo, Rafal Jacikewicz and Ashley Theophane???

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      this is why you work hard for your ten thousand dollar paychecks on ESPN for eight weeks of work and a training camp that costs you money (which, for you adults out there, you guys will get that you're not getting paid well at all for being a pro boxer fighting two or three times a year on ESPN. ten grand might sound like a lot of money, and it is, but in the scheme of a boxer's career it's really not that much.)

you can make more money at a day job. you take those risks for short money to fight your way into the big time if your talent allows for it

rodriguez has earned his way into the big time. he's a contender at 154, which has recently become one of boxing's best divisions

get him a big fight at 154. pay the man.

cotto
      margarito (if his eye can hold up in training he's going to have a hard time keeping rodriguez snappy punches from roughing it up again)
      canelo
      kirkland

or even the second tier
      bundrage
      dzinziruk
      martirosyan

as long as its going to get him paid. you have to reward fighters like rodriguez or the ship breaks down
      Couldn't of said it better myself.

Comment

Rodriguez is ight man, seen him fight 2x live this year and I like what I saw. Hope he gets a decent fight soon.

Comment

forget about Rodriguez take a number and wait few years..canelo only fight with old people

Comment

Rodriguez is 3-3-2 in his last 8 fights. He takes damage like crazy. Canelo is very powerful and would eventually knock him out or the ref would stop the fight. This fight will probably get made because he seems like a perfect fit for Canelo.

Comment

Working...
            X