The Last Hurrah-Holmes/Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zrobmidziecko View Post
    of diary Andre ..
    Let me tell a story .. which recently had a chance to survive .. affiliated with box .. ot this work for you Merchant anecdote at the upcoming gala naked - salad .. the 23th avenue jade jersey, my silver pontiac solstice, alloy 16.2 places the driver passenger bucket seats and so on. (Aug kickin mill on .org, August is .. lol) Ok to shore .. together with Maks Kellerman, Don Rafael, (boys at around 20mil changing positions on top of who's who on the bottom). Elapses without an hour's drive slow in thought motto what motivates us just about everything that is not about boxing. In the end I decided to break the mark monotony roar of 172 horsepower, mixed with sighs plays with each of my two old horses biological ..
    -Gentlemen! -Determination in my voice was like a green light for the rapidly expanding pupillary butter.
    -I can not get enough! or be accompanied by you, we quickie life and end up on the nearest tree, or whore you stop? now!
    -Take shut up ass Mark Scoop Malinowsky - Dan replied, wrinkling his forehead, among others.
    -Oh .. ready .. One goat death - Eagerly Scoop groaned.
    Indolent mental-Whore! - Don consciously grabbed the wheel, loose danger.
    -What I meant you not spinal, but your IQ as **** do not embrace the metaphor topic .. even if you are stuffed to the brim with smelly green pants in whom parading around the house, pulling them just below the nipples exposing the limits of his miserable 8 cm, ( I read. org and slipped those of the individual human being that inche .. If you had the equipment funded Toma$ Adamczyk these weekly gastroscopy, even 24 hours a day commenting vanished not be as rigid posture ramrod $ toma and even in the eyes the biggest psychofans on bokser.org - gay site with gay editorials. .) and the goat shepherd is cycled before picking asbestos.
    -Do-do-well drawled - Mark Scoop, praying in the spirit of the god-dollar by Max not heard his shameful past ..
    Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately Max heard .. Because his jaw dropped as Tom in 2 rd in wroclaw .. however, I began to suspect drool ... Whether such practices are on the agenda in the world of professional boxing? New light on this aspect of throwing a certain szpilberg, sire, won by the shaft, pregnancy by **** .. and how things are going in mein events? About
    this August when we will reach our destination .. But that's another story ... LoL ..

sincerely:
    Dear Mr. Scoop Malinowsky

Is there any translation available for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      He might have beaten Berbick if he hadn't absorbed several hundred headshots from Holmes too, Ali did win three or four rounds of the ten with Berbick. God only knows how much that Holmes fight accelerated his Parkinsons and his decline.

There was no real reason why Ali wouldn't have been much worse than he was when he met Spinks the second time. He'd have lost a decision to Holmes, but would have gone out with a decent showing without feeling the need to come back to fight Berbick.

The thyroid pills seriously put his life at risk in the Holmes fight and subsequently gave him an excuse to come back to face Berbick.

The doctor which prescribed those pills should have been struck off and made an example of.....
      Ali's physical condition had deteriorated quite a bit in the two years between Spinks II and the Holmes fight
      He had difficulty with basic reflex and coordination checks during medical exams prior to the Holmes fight. If you or I had trouble with these tests, it would be of concern to a physician. A world class athlete like Ali having problems was a clear sign that something was very wrong.
      It was obvious that Ali was slowing down in the late 70's, but it had reached a different level by the time he fought Holmes. A level that frankly should have prevented him from being allowed to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthershock View Post
        Ali's physical condition had deteriorated quite a bit in the two years between Spinks II and the Holmes fight
        He had difficulty with basic reflex and coordination checks during medical exams prior to the Holmes fight. If you or I had trouble with these tests, it would be of concern to a physician. A world class athlete like Ali having problems was a clear sign that something was very wrong.
        It was obvious that Ali was slowing down in the late 70's, but it had reached a different level by the time he fought Holmes. A level that frankly should have prevented him from being allowed to fight.

Well what we know is that between Spinks 2 and Holmes, Ali did struggle with the test requiring you to keep your eyes closed and place a finger on the tip of your nose. He also struggled with hopping on one foot with eyes closed and had some trouble with short term memory recall tests.

It was also clear that his speach had deteriorated a touch in those two years. But nothing like the disparity between The Holmes fight and post Berbick. His upper body seemed to be carrying some of the muscle rigidity associated with Parkinsons when he was filmed running. His running style was much more graceful in say 'When we were kings' or in his movie 'The Greatest'.

That said, in the above documentary Ali did seem to have some grace still in his dancing and obviously managed a shuffle in one clip. Some of the later sparring sessions looked rather better than anything he even so much as attempted in the Holmes fight. Plus, he wasn't anything like as bad when he faced Berbick......I'm convinced that he'd have been a much better challenger without those thyroid pills. I just don't think he'd have had a chance at winning.

But I agree, he should have stopped permanently after Spinks 2. I think that Ali would probably have still suffered with progressively worsening Parkinsons without the Holmes or Berbick comebacks. But his condition might have been rather better today without having absorbed all the headshots in both those fights.

Comment

Even when he's teasing that guy in the car you can tell Ali wasn't right.

Comment

I used to think Ali's condition was caused by the Holmes and Berbick bouts at a his age. But you can see here that he was slowing down even before those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Starof David View Post
              I used to think Ali's condition was caused by the Holmes and Berbick bouts at a his age. But you can see here that he was slowing down even before those fights.
              Yes, I started to see the early signs of Parkinsons after the Thrilla in Manilla in 1975.......and progressively more so after each fight. There are even some signs in the movie he made 'The Greatest'.

Comment

It's sad, but he needed to go that way. All was gone but Ali's big heart. The greatest ever!

Comment

Working...
                X