No announcement yet.

Sugar ray leonard vs mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
    Listen up fellas, Mr Richard here is speaking gospel! Great post!

I'm Sugar Ray Leonard king of the fight, first come left then comes right, people say Sugar Ray he's such a pup but I prove 'em wrong, cause i'm moving up with 7up!

Gotta love that 7up commercial back inner dayz!
    Leonard was my all time favorite fighter, bar none. His autograph to me when I met him was a picture of a glove with a smiley inside and his autograph in the middle which was great details for an autograph. I emailed him a couple times a few years back since I had his email address that I got from a common connection. He replied back both times. And he is still in great shape which is nice to see. I can tell you are a big fan by your username, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Leonard was my all time favorite fighter, bar none. His autograph to me when I met him was a picture of a glove with a smiley inside and his autograph in the middle which was great details for an autograph. I emailed him a couple times a few years back since I had his email address that I got from a common connection. He replied back both times. And he is still in great shape which is nice to see. I can tell you are a big fan by your username, obviously.
      Richardt,
      Sugar Ray Leonard was not my favorite fighter back then. My Favorites were Ali, M.Spinks, Benitez, Salvador Sanchez, Wilfredo Gomez, Arguello, Mancini (he actaully trained in the same gym I did when he was in NYC), Howard Davis,Jr (I remember seeing him spar & actually never getting touch in practically 6 rounds of sparring. Amazing!). Leonard grew on me. He just kept fighting the best & beating them. Watching his fights live on tv were a thrill! To me it is the best way to honor a great legend of the sport by using his name. So if I wasn't a big fan of his back inner dayz, it shows how this athlete just won me over.

Comment

Leonard by decision. Would love to have seen how Floyd would have down against a Tommy Hearns though. We would have to see Floyd did down deep against someone like Hearns who is big and powerful.

Comment

ray leonard would be on another level ffrom floyd mayweather. he had great boxing skills, an awesome chin, and real power.

the biggest component is size. leonard was 5'10, had the reach of an LHW, and had power and a chin that carried all the way to 160 lbs. floyd started out his career at 130 lbs. leonard started out his carrer at 140ish, and was at 147 lbs within a year.

Comment

Floyd beats Leonard he out boxes him behind a jab

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
              Leonard by decision. Would love to have seen how Floyd would have down against a Tommy Hearns though. We would have to see Floyd did down deep against someone like Hearns who is big and powerful.
              Hearns was a very intimidating figure at 147 lbs, It's just not possible. I remember when Leonard finally agreed to fight him...I honestly felt bad for Leonard. Tommy just had too much arsenal. It took someone like Leonard who had great speed & good power, good Stamina & and a good boxing IQ to come out victorious. Some may say that Floyd has similar attributes. But the difference here is that Leonard was a bigger version of Floyd (he was a real Welterwgt & his best accomplishments were at 147 lbs). And although Leonard won, look at the price he paid for the victory, he really needed to dig deep for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                Ray was a natural WW.

Most of Floyd's 49 fights are at 130 and 135lbs.
                But tbe and dominating preformances im sure many would.suggest floyd would win

Comment

Working...
                X