Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo can not be compared to Margo when speaking of a Cotto fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I visualized this fight about a day ago and things didn't look too pretty for Canelo, I saw Cotto landing jabs and constantly turning Canelo. I think Cotto will frustrate him a lot.

Comment

- Why are people saying that Cotto does not have the power to Knock out Canelo? The only reason why Cotto is doing what he is doing is because he has that snap back on his shots, He is throwing his shots with some serious authority right now, just like he did at 140lbs. Canelo has a good chin but he has been wobbled. Now im not saying that Cotto will KO Canelo but I wont be suprised if he Knocks Canelo down. Both guys have the power to KO each other thats my opinion. Thats what makes this fight so interestiing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Canelo is the superior fighter from him, Cotto and Margarito. No way in hell even Canelo of 2 years loses to 2008 Margarito. Margarito gets slept hard, Mosley style.

Canelo will beat Cotto, probably by UD.

Canelo has a couple of things you did not mention. Patience, great defense, power, great, vicious combinations. The intentions behind Canelo's combinations are scary, and Cotto is no Mayweather or Lara to move out of the way of most of those combos. Guaranteed Canelo will land his combos and they will land hard. Canelo's suberp defense will also be on display. Iremember when he clowned Trout with his elusiveness looking like Neo from The Matrix, had Trout missing all of his power punches. Trout had to jab his way through the fight cause he couldn't land anything meaningful.
        What in the ****... Did you even watch the Kirkland fight? Canelo sat in the ropes for MINUTES at a time, literally. And couldn't even block Kirklands punches, great defense my ass. His defense is a step above Margaritos lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
          How was Kirkland drained if he is a 154 lb. fighter, and I think the weight limit was 155 lb., even. Now, Martinez and Geale are different stories. Catchweights, to be exact.
          He had not fought in what 2 years?? and had to drop 60 pounds,that is a known fact..not Canelos fault at all mind you,but it happened

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            Man this is the biggest horse turd I've ever stepped in.

You act like there's things that Canelo does exceptionally well that Margarito doesn't. Kind of like, everything but block punches with his chin.

Geezus H. Christ.
            Like i said it was a reply to another thread is which i was blocked that was comparing the 2,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              I visualized this fight about a day ago and things didn't look too pretty for Canelo, I saw Cotto landing jabs and constantly turning Canelo. I think Cotto will frustrate him a lot.
              I see this as well,Cotto's foot work and jab will frustrate Canelo and he will be busted up by the mid rounds,i see a late stoppage for Cotto

Comment

Nice conversation,
                IMO if we base it on Canelo's last fight we saw an early tiring Canelo but he did show power. Margarito had excellent stamina and throw in the fact that he was capable of taken three solid punches to land one of his own Margarito was simply a volume puncher with great stamina and a solid chin. When guys can take Cotto's power with no respect for it Cotto is forced into retreat mode and that is where Canelo can capitalize. But that will all depend on how well conditioned Canelo shows up Cotto has shown improvement with his stamina. I believe this fight will come down to who has the best stamina. As for the comparison between Marg and Nelo they are like someone else said polar opposites. Canelo has boxing skills superior to Margarito.

Comment

Working...
                X