Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love Messi but he'll never surpass Maradona. Deal with it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EDD1E View Post
    messi is just **** without xavi or iniesta.like the other poster said they need someone like veron or someone to lift the team.personally i think pastore could end up being that guy
    I wouldn't call him **** without Xavi or Iniesta. He's acting more like a play maker on Argentina (ala Xavi-Iniesta) than an actual forward. He's set up a lot of plays for Argentina's forwards. Unfortunately, they haven't been able to convert them into goals, but that's a long running problem with the Argentine NT since (at least) 05-06.

Comment

Messi is like Maradona on steroids. He could do everything Diego could do, except faster and against MUCH better defenders.

You say that he has a lot of help from Iniesta and Xavi which is true, but a lot of Messi's top goals(which are better than Maradona's top goals) are 1 man shows of him going through everyone by himself without receiving superb passes.

IMO, Messi is already on pace to surpass Maradona and he doesn't need to win a World Cup to prove it as Soccer isn't an individual sport like Tennis. Its a team sport so you lose as a team and win as a team. Maradona didn't win the world cup for Argentina, Argentina won the cup with him.

Comment

I do think messi is on his way to surpass maradona, BUT i do think messi needs to do something on the world stage....

Hes done everything there is to do except perform at the world cup....

once he ticks that box...hes defo there

Even ronaldo is going to be up there with the greats in my opinion.....

come the end of their careers

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NutsInTheyFace View Post
            "Messi WILL go down as one of the greatest players of all time and I personally thank god that he's around so we don't have to hear how CRonaldo is the best player in the world - but Messi is lucky he isn't subjected to 1980's Italian-style marking. Diego will just never be surpassed, ever. Players may getting stronger and quicker but no-one will ever have that level of breathtaking technique and finesse ever again. Watch all the vids and educate yourselves, you ignorant fools - http://www.youtube.com/wat​ch?v=1YxhpKFGZQU"
            No point in arguing with this guy. He is the best definition of a fan boy.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              Messi is like Maradona on steroids. He could do everything Diego could do, except faster and against MUCH better defenders.

You say that he has a lot of help from Iniesta and Xavi which is true, but a lot of Messi's top goals(which are better than Maradona's top goals) are 1 man shows of him going through everyone by himself without receiving superb passes.

IMO, Messi is already on pace to surpass Maradona and he doesn't need to win a World Cup to prove it as Soccer isn't an individual sport like Tennis. Its a team sport so you lose as a team and win as a team. Maradona didn't win the world cup for Argentina, Argentina won the cup with him.
              He will never surpass maradona if he cannot win a world cup. Let's face it. World cup is the only cup that matters when you talk about great great players. There is a reason why maradona pele zidane ronaldo (lima) are always talked about...cause they won world cups. You cannot be the best player in the world if you cannot motivate your players to victory. Maradona was a legend...he was a playmaker, a striker ...everything! he was magnificent. He even has a religious cult named after him because he is so good. plus he was a bad boy. Messi is a bible loving nice guy. Messi cannot motivate anybody. He is not a leader. He needs to rely on playmakers like xavi and iniesta!

maradona is and will always be the greatest player of all time...as voted by the fans! player of the century! messi will be the failure of the century if he cannot win a world cup. The pressure builds!

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post

Nothing tops maradona's goal vs england. I think messi did a similar goal but vs a crap team. Maradona did it vs the best english team since 1966 imo.
                Also maradona is not just good individually. Let's just say messi is better individually compared with diego. But when you compare them as leaders and playmakers...diego maradona destroys messi like nothing.

Messi couldn't motivate a man just out of jail for 25 years to have sex with the hottest woman in the world.

Comment

Football is just about the only sport that actually favors midgets (relatively speaking)

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                    Football is just about the only sport that actually favors midgets (relatively speaking)
                    I think the world champion of midget wrestling would have something to say about that!

Comment

I'm not getting involved in this thread, I'll only lose my cool.

Messi is the best ever, end of.
                      If you think different, you know nothing about football or it's history.

Comment

Working...
                      X