No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs Kelly Pavlik

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins vs Kelly Pavlik

I'm probably gonna take a lot of heat for this one, but I say Bernard would beat Pavlik. I think the Executioner's defensive style would prove detrimental to Kelly. You see Pavlik landed a straight right against JT because of Taylor's tendency to avoid blocking. Taylor just throws a bomb and backs into a corner. Bernard would stand back and counter Kelly's attack. The Ghost's jab would be nullified just as Hopkins nullified everyone else's. Then Bernard would land his counter right at will. I mean come on Kelly fans just admit, Pavlik isn't that technically sound. He's a puncher that was able to get the best of another puncher barely. Bernard would frustrate Pavlik once he sees how he wouldn't be able to land bombs and Bernard might earn a late stoppage. What yall think?

i dunno about this one depends when it takes place and what happens in the bout with calzaghe. i mean bernard is 43 and no matter how great of shape is, his age will probably come to the forefront sooner or later. and this match would probably only happen if he even beats calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by mike ruler View Post
      I'm probably gonna take a lot of heat for this one, but I say Bernard would beat Pavlik. I think the Executioner's defensive style would prove detrimental to Kelly. You see Pavlik landed a straight right against JT because of Taylor's tendency to avoid blocking. Taylor just throws a bomb and backs into a corner. Bernard would stand back and counter Kelly's attack. The Ghost's jab would be nullified just as Hopkins nullified everyone else's. Then Bernard would land his counter right at will. I mean come on Kelly fans just admit, Pavlik isn't that technically sound. He's a puncher that was able to get the best of another puncher barely. Bernard would frustrate Pavlik once he sees how he wouldn't be able to land bombs and Bernard might earn a late stoppage. What yall think?
      I think it could be a long night for pavlik.. it would be an ugly fight as are most of b-hops.. I dunno if b-hop stays busy enough to win this fight.. not sure if pavlik can land enough shots to win..Can't really decide just know it wouldnt be pretty

Comment

yeah I agree with you. Like I said in the other thread, Hopkins is the better boxer, he's more technically sound and has great defense. I think Pavlik's only chance to win is if he hurts bernard, or KO's him, and I just don't think that's possible to do against Bernard, he's much too cautious and smart, so Hopkins by UD.

Also, if Hopkins does beat Calzaghe, he should really retire. Father time will catch up with him eventially and he is already pushing it pretty damn far. The only reason he's able to compete at such a high level is because of his insane work ethic and being an absolute health freak, but eventially all that wont matter, so if possible he should go out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by natas206 View Post
          yeah I agree with you. Like I said in the other thread, Hopkins is the better boxer, he's more technically sound and has great defense. I think Pavlik's only chance to win is if he hurts bernard, or KO's him, and I just don't think that's possible to do against Bernard, he's much too cautious and smart, so Hopkins by UD.

Also, if Hopkins does beat Calzaghe, he should really retire. Father time will catch up with him eventially and he is already pushing it pretty damn far. The only reason he's able to compete at such a high level is because of his insane work ethic and being an absolute health freak, but eventially all that wont matter, so if possible he should go out on top.
          I agree father time is sprintin' and gaining on B-Hop. But you know he's after paydays.

Comment

Hopkins every day of the week.

Comment

so the same bernard hopkins who lost twice to jermain taylor... the same jermain taylor who is about to get knocked out twice by kelly pavlik... is the same bernard hopkins who would beat kelly ?

Comment

Originally posted by th4l3pr3ch4un View Post
                so the same bernard hopkins who lost twice to jermain taylor... the same jermain taylor who is about to get knocked out twice by kelly pavlik... is the same bernard hopkins who would beat kelly ?
                Exactly man! good post!

Comment

Originally posted by th4l3pr3ch4un View Post
                  Mr Einstein did you know that styles make fights? The triangle theory doesn't work. Foreman KO'd Frazier, Frazier beat Ali, Ali KO'd Foreman...Hopkins is a defensive genius, while Jermain is just so easy to hit my gran could probably connect on him.

Comment

How is Hopkins body possibly going to hold up under Pavlik's attack and the pace he sets for 12 or less. It's not Winky Wright he's fighting this time.

Comment

Working...
                    X