Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many pressups do you do a day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment I'm 201 lbs and I do 3 sets of 40. At 175 I can do sets of 60, with half an hour to an hour rest between each set.

Comment

I bench press now instead of press ups.

Doing sets of more than 20 is cardio.

Comment

25x8 a day, but I sometimes find myself bored in my room and start doing some for the hell of it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Exactly. Once you have got to the point of doing a lot of sit ups and press ups you gain NOTHING by doing more. You would be better off doing weighted ab excercises to get THICK abs and chest workouts with weights to build strength and muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
            Exactly. Once you have got to the point of doing a lot of sit ups and press ups you gain NOTHING by doing more. You would be better off doing weighted ab excercises to get THICK abs and chest workouts with weights to build strength and muscle.
            its imperative for runners such as myself during the cold months who loathe the unnatural feeling of treadmills.

Comment

30 x 4 usually. 3 min rest in between reps

Comment

I never count. Thats my cardinal rule. The moment I start counting, I think stupid things...never mind what..

I like not counting. You should give it a try.

Comment

Simon Cowell says he does 500 push ups a day. Religiously.

And he seems fairly fit for a 51 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Bro science.

You can build muscle doing more than 20.

Comment

Right when I wake up for work at 4:00am I do 50.. Then as I get ready for work I do 10 push ups for each piece of clothing I put on. I work in a freezer so you know I have to wear double layers. After I'm done getting dressed and right before I leave my house I do as many as I can, that usually comes out to about 50-60. So in the morning that's about 220-230.. When I get home from work I another 200 then before I sleep I do about 100-150. I just started doing them again about 3-4 weeks ago and starting with 10 push up for each piece of clothing is a good way to build it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X