Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't Mathebula get some credit now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't Mathebula get some credit now?

Xxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by CTE90; 04-05-2020, 08:50 AM.

I had never seen him fight before-hand, but man was it painful to watch him fight lol. Like you said, he makes up for his lack of coordination and technique, but he's so damn awkward and not in a good way. He utilized his height properly and had Donaire reaching and leaping off the ground throwing wild shots. Mathebula did his job.

Comment

I thought he was solid he touched Donaire more than i've seen anyone do

ok they werent incredible hard punches he was throwing but he marked Donaire's face up pretty good with that jab every now and then he dropped a good right hand on him aswell

his defense was good Donaire had troubled landing with regularity the scorecards were bogus the fight was close if it werent for the knockdown and Mathebula not throwing in the last two the fight could have been very different

Comment

It's got to be tough to fight someone so tall, active, and lanky. The way he used his jab is something Paul Williams should have always done.

Comment

I don't know...HE HAS A NICE JAB I guess

his footwork is AWFUL, its like watching a Baby Giraffe trying to walk for the first time he is so damn uncoordinated but he is TOUGH

Comment

Math won that fight easily, I'm very impressed by him. Every fighter should follow his footstep by fighting scared...backing up and fighting scared is now the new trend to win fight. Those judges don't know shot about boxing. Aggressive fighters are now a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It's got to be tough to fight someone so tall, active, and lanky. The way he used his jab is something Paul Williams should have always done.
              He tailor made for a fighter like Mares. Donaire acted like he was allergic to throwing body shots. He made that fight hard for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo View Post
                Shouldn't Mathebula get some credit now?
                He wasn't even trying to win. That was some bullsh#t.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                  Were all your 5 tousends posts like that?
                  Stop posting if you don't know sht about boxing. Running = points and Math did that all night. Just check the Brad PAC fight. Last night judges don't know sht about boxing...bring in judges like Ford and Ross.

Comment

He stayed on his stick for the most part which is to his credit. His footwork was AWFUL, but he was pretty sneaky in shooting short shots in there. In round 11 you could tell that something Donaire hit him with completely took him out his game. I scored it 116-111 for Nonito with two very close rounds going to either fighter. Mathebula gave a wonderful account of himself. And would be difficult for any fighter at SBW. Who's up for Donaire vs. Mares????????????

Comment

Working...
                    X