History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no-one ever said rocky marciano looked good

Comment

• Damn, Ward has some nice defensive moves.

Comment

• Ward is looking like 10 million bucks. Booty don't want none.

Comment

• **** was with teh scores

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            no-one ever said rocky marciano looked good
            What about his wife?

yea i know, im just so damn funny.

Comment

• Froch may have lost a one sided fight, but damn if he didn't show why I like watching him fight. He won't ever accept defeat.

Ward is a truly special fighter, and I have a hard time believing anyone around 168 beats him. Too smart, too versatile, too quick, too strong.

Comment

• Been saying it before Ward had even fought Abraham (Because is was obvious it would be Ward-Froch in the final) that Froch simply isn't in Ward's class.

Froch has overachieved to the highest degree in this tornument. He's found a way to win and get to the final on sheer grit, determination, mental toughness and heart. But he's simply too slow, sluggish, and limited for a fighter with the class of Andre Ward.

Ward make him look like an amateur in every single round.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  **** was with teh scores
                  The Brit was the only one with the reasonable score!

Comment

• ward's going to be a tough nut to crack at 168. i cannot wait for his next big fight. he's the champ now. i'd like to see him take a soft touch (perhaps in oakland,) and then head to Montreal and get it on with bute

bute will at least add two extra dimensions:

speed and athletic quality (kessler had slowed considerably by the time he fought ward and froch and abraham are not fleet fighters)

and one punch knockout power

bute is a dangerous guy
                    froch is hard. froch is tough. froch has a chin
                    abraham punched hard and had a good chin
                    bute is dangerous

he can seriously hurt you with those things. that's what he's looking to do and he knows how to do it. his power is the most important aspect of any fight. ward's chief task will be to stay the hell away from his power.
                    abraham's a big puncher, but he's not a crafty one. if boxing matches were against heavybags he'd be world champion.
                    bute is a genuine puncher and offensive fighter. he knows how to take your head off or land shots on your body.

that being said he's not consistent enough to give a supreme boxer like ward enough issues to stop him or win the rounds.
                    ward really doesnt have anything spectacular in his offensive toolbox, but he's a very slick cat with a rock steady offense that is effective

ward may be the best defensive fighter not named chemito moreno, or floyd mayweather in boxing today (given that toney, hopkins, others have slipped.)
                    he and should make for great TV fighting a guy like bute

ohh
                    and we'll have to keep a serious eye on the judges
                    Last edited by New England; 12-18-2011, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Well Andre Ward put on quite the performance last night and all but shut out (unless ur one of those blind judges) a very game Carl Froch. What ive finally learned is when it comes to picking a winner in boxing stick with the facts and logic, listen to ur head and not ur gut!

Ward should now pip guys like Martinez and Donaire in the p4p ranks imo, i actually had him neck and neck with them anyway. Marquez is in the mix too obviously.

He looks like a star for the future and im glad he's an American, America needs a new star with Mayweather looking like a part timer and probably ready for retirement soon. Ward showed his full range last night, fighting with great skill on the backfoot, holding ring centre and then bullying tough guy Froch on the ropes. This guy looks the full package and is a great talker outside the ropes, class act through and through.

The loss while real one sided shouldn't hurt Froch too much, he just met a far superior foe who looks head and shoulders above the rest of the division and turned out to be a terrible style clash for him. Carl was in there still swinging hoping for the KO until the dying seconds and actually took his defeat with class, much respect to Froch. His limitations just met their match thats all. I hope he gets more big fights and makes some good money he deserves it

As for Lucien Bute, he is clearly the next most talented guy out there and is a natural opponent for Ward now but id like to see him earn the shot at the divisions new top dog by facing a Kessler or someone like that as its kind of annoying (his fault or not) that he has sat out while the best guys all squared off then he swoops in to fight the winner. Kessler vs Bute for me please, in the mean time Ward can have a mandatory gimmie, he deserves one.

Comment

Working...
                      X