Mosley reveals gameplan vs Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosley reveals gameplan vs Mayweather

Mosley reveals game plan vs Mayweather

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 04/08/2010 11:56 AM

MANILA, Philippines – “Sugar” Shane Mosley said he knows exactly what to do against undefeated Floyd “Money” Mayweather, Jr. when he defends his World Boxing Association (WBA) welterweight super championship belt on May 1 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

“Floyd is the type of fighter who, if he doesn't feel comfortable or confident, he's not going to fight you. So I have to be ready for that type of mentality that he has of touching and moving, touching and moving. I have to make it difficult for him to just touch and move,” Mosley told Lem Satterfield of Fanhouse.com.

“So that's going to be one of the assignments is to make it harder for him to get his shots off so that he fights me a little bit. When he fights me, that will open him up for my speed and power,” he added.
    Mosley even vowed to arm himself with a “total package of things” when he enters the ring at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

He said he might focus on a body attack in a couple of rounds and then focus on just attacking Mayweather in another round.

“With Floyd, you have to focus on everything. You have to have a broad picture,” he remarked.

Mayweather to retire after May 1?

The 38-year-old Mosley, meantime, already declared that he will surely defeat the 33-year-old Mayweather on May 1.

“No disrespect, but I really don't think he's been in there with a fighter like me. I believe that when I beat Floyd, I will send him into retirement. May 1 will be Mayweather's first loss,” said Mosley.

Although the WBA super welterweight champion expects Mayweather to try to disrupt his rhythm, he said he will use whatever advantage he has over the undefeated fighter.

“I'm pretty sure that Floyd will feel more power in this fight that he will have ever had to feel… And if I can get that knockout, if I get that one shot, and if I can get him hurt, then I'm going to be all over him,” he noted.

All about timing

Mayweather, for his part, argued that he is not merely a defensive fighter.

“I think Shane is basing everything on power and speed,” he said in a FightFan.com article by Ace Freeman.

“It doesn’t work like that. I believe everything in life is timing and inches. It’s not just about being a defensive fighter. It’s about being a smart fighter.”

Mayweather (40-0, with 25 KOs) and Mosley (46-5, 39 knockouts) were supposed to figure in matches early this year against 7-division champion Manny Pacquiao and Andre Berto, respectively.

The Mosley-Berto bout was cancelled after Berto pulled out of the fight following the devastating Haiti earthquake which affected his family members while the Pacquiao-Mayweather blockbuster fight did not push through because of the fighters’ disagreement on the drug testing protocol. –

Mosley has no game plan...

Comment

If SSM is going to win the fight it's going to be in the early rounds. PBF is a smart fighter, so if SSM gives Floyd time to figure him out it's going to get real tough for Mosley. Plus Mosley can potentially try something tricky to catch PBF off guard. I hope he has more up his sleeve than this plan though. It's the same plan that many have already tried.

Comment

With this plan, Shane is going to run into a couple of check hooks.

Comment

Shane's not a pressure fighter and I don't see him becoming one overnight...he isn't a guy that swarms you and cuts the ring off...

Of course we don't know Floyd's approach but I doubt he's gonna engage with Shane much...

Shane's better off trying to outwork Floyd and get out of range before counters and try to go into deep waters with Floyd...

All of Floyd's opponents(except Castillo) lose there head, or gameplan when it gets tough, late in the fight, or they're frustrated...

I hope Shane aint crazy enough to just be looking for KO all night long...cuz it won't come...

Shane is the toughest fighter Floyd will have stepped into the ring with though...that makes it interesting...

Comment

I love these threads because it justifies my assumption that Flo Mo's have no real boxing knowledge outside of silly catch phrases like "check hook" or vague/meaningless comments like "Shane has no game plan".

Seriously could you boxing know nothings at least analyze the fight a bit more than just saying empty statements that do nothing to support your opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              I love these threads because it justifies my assumption that Flo Mo's have no real boxing knowledge outside of silly catch phrases like "check hook" or vague/meaningless comments like "Shane has no game plan".

Seriously could you boxing know nothings at least analyze the fight a bit more than just saying empty statements that do nothing to support your opinions.
              Coming from the guy who worships the most overrated fighter in sports...i already shot you down...

Comment

Floyd wants to retire after beating Mosley?

How lame, when theirs clearly threats to Mayweather Jr like Pacquiao, Bradley, Alexander out there for him.

Comment

Mayweather will nutrelize what ever tactics Mosley has up his sleeve to TRY and make Mayweather uncomfortable, but even in tha situation Mayweather will still win the fight because unlike Mosley, Mayweather has the movement.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierWarrior View Post
                    Floyd wants to retire after beating Mosley?

How lame, when theirs clearly threats to Mayweather Jr like Pacquiao, Bradley, Alexander out there for him.
                    No, read the whole article.

Comment

Working...
                    X