Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan on Maidana: I beat this guy easily, knocking him down and making him look silly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he did beat him pretty easier than we all thought, the only problem he had was in round 10 when he nearly got KTFO. If I remember correctly people had sigs of Maidana only landing one punch and knocking him out prior to the fight.

Comment

Beat him easily?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        Yeah, well thankfully for the rest of the boxing world no one gives a flying **** what you think would have happened in a rematch.

The facts of the matter are Khan outboxed him to a unanimous decision victory, you know in the fight they actually did have not in the one in your imagination, scoring a knockdown on the way. Barring one round in which he got caught, Khan won fairly comfortably.

It's absolutely ridiculous how people on here try and downplay Khan's win by using ''what would happen in a rematch'' as a excuse.

No one cares about what would happen in a rematch, i don't see anyone using the ''what would happen in a rematch'' excuse in Khan's favour when discussing Khan's losses? What would happen in a rematch if Lamont Peterson wasn't up to his tits on PED's? Yeah, didn't think so.

It's like people trying to discredit Martinez's win over Chavez Jr based on the last round. Ridiculous.
        Good post, that's how you know some people are just haters. "In a rematch" who cares? This was a fight that people thought Maidana was going to win in the very first round, Khan Knock him down, hurt him and outbox him, even when he caught Khan he still couldn't put the weak Khan away.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          Yeah, well thankfully for the rest of the boxing world no one gives a flying **** what you think would have happened in a rematch.

The facts of the matter are Khan outboxed him to a unanimous decision victory, you know in the fight they actually did have not in the one in your imagination, scoring a knockdown on the way. Barring one round in which he got caught, Khan won fairly comfortably.

It's absolutely ridiculous how people on here try and downplay Khan's win by using ''what would happen in a rematch'' as a excuse.

No one cares about what would happen in a rematch, i don't see anyone using the ''what would happen in a rematch'' excuse in Khan's favour when discussing Khan's losses? What would happen in a rematch if Lamont Peterson wasn't up to his tits on PED's? Yeah, didn't think so.

It's like people trying to discredit Martinez's win over Chavez Jr based on the last round. Ridiculous.
          I agree with you, but let's not pretend like Maidana and Chaves are great wins.

They're entertaining but limited.

Comment

I love how people are downplaying that win now. It was a very good win for Khan, easily the best of his career.

But Khan, seriously, it wasn't easy and everyone knows it. It's on youtube.

Comment

This fight was closer than the Floyd fight which was also close it's only the knockdown that makes people tjink it was some white wash it wasn't

Comment

And Maidana had a point taken away for hitting Cortez.

Comment

I had Khan winning by 2 rounds. Not any easy fight at all.

Comment

Maidana had that one round of real success, think it was the 10th

Khan pretty much dominated the entire fight

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      Khan schooled him until he got caught with a big shot in the 8th or 9th, there was no comparison in terms of skill, it was only Khan's chin which even let Maidana into the fight.

Edit: just laughing at the interviewer asked Khan if his wife is an "Eastern wife, she cooks for you?". She must think Western women are useless in the home.
                      that interviewer is stupid

khans wife doesnt even look like she could boil an egg, although she is hot

Comment

Working...
                      X