Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar gets hated on but yet he does does more for the sport than other stars.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
    He's bringing us a monthly boxing series for fans like us to see up and coming prospects. He tries his best for the sport even though he has done some suspect **** in the past. But hey, I don't see many boxers doing **** what he's doing.
    I have a lot of respect for him. I think he's one of those few fighters that could have beaten any fighter he ever faced. Its too bad there are so many robberies for and against his career so we don't get a clear picture.

Comment

Well you have to look at it, Margs was a prime fighter who is big in his division. Oscar did say he would fight the winner and it did look like a duck BUT you can't really blame him for chasing the $$$$$. ALL BOXERS DO IT!!

I don't think he will get greedy or selfish like the rest, look what he's doing now though, putting a show on Versus for us boxing fans to see. Those guys have been promoters for years and haven't done **** like that.
      I am not agaisnt ODLH. The thing I had disliked about him the most had to do with his early days. He was all "pro-usa", and did not showed to be proud about his Mexican heritage. Then when he noticed that the mexican fans were a great target in the media, he suddenly found love for his latino heritage. Like I said, behind everything in ODLH, there is a monetary gain.

At the end, like you said, at least he is making things other promoters have not. Let's hope he keeps it up ten years down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by MaFu MoFo View Post
        I am not agaisnt ODLH. The thing I had disliked about him the most had to do with his early days. He was all "pro-usa", and did not showed to be proud about his Mexican heritage. Then when he noticed that the mexican fans were a great target in the media, he suddenly found love for his latino heritage. Like I said, behind everything in ODLH, there is a monetary gain.

At the end, like you said, at least he is making things other promoters have not. Let's hope he keeps it up ten years down the road.
        I don't think he was "pro-usa". When he fought in the Olympics and his career, he carried around the Mexican/American flags. That's just being proud of being Mexican/American in my eyes.

I hope he keeps it up too bro.

Comment

I don't think he was "pro-usa". When he fought in the Olympics and his career, he carried around the Mexican/American flags. That's just being proud of being Mexican/American in my eyes.

Don't pay attention to my tamtrums... I am just jealous Oscar married my girl.

Comment

It's a shame because Oscar has done so much for boxing. The guy has fought everybody and won countless belts. Oh ya! Didn't he win a medal of some sort too? Ha! I think a lot of it has to do with him being such a "pretty boy" and so well spoken. All the hard nosed wanna be tough guys think he is too soft to represent the sport. They rather would have a guy like Zab or floyd represent the sport because he is "hard and has street cred..." I will always respect the golden boy for what he's done in and out of the ring! All boxing fans should...

Comment

Oscar not pro U.S.A? That's a goofy thing to say. Oscar sported an American flag on his fighting trunks more often than most fighters from the U.S. He is a proud American that happens to be of Mexican roots. He was born in the states. Call it Mexican American or an American Mexican.....at the end of the day he's American and proud of it! An American that's proud to have parents that came from Mexico.....

Comment

What Oscar's got going for himself is just about every fighter's wish.

Wealth and recognition.

The path was laid by Arum, so Bob gets some of the credit for the guidance and mentoring.

Shoot, if Oscar get's his head together, he can become the Donald Trump of boxing. I don't doubt that's where he's headed.

He's done very well for himself.

He's still young and learning.

Comment

i loved him pre 2004.......lets see if he does something later to redeem himself from the fixes........

Comment

Working...
                  X