Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which member of this forum wud you like to sit in a bar with and talk boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which member of this forum wud you like to sit in a bar with and talk boxing

Which member of this forum would you like to sit in a bar with and talk boxing.

BennyST or jrosales would be my first choice, would gladly sit with anyone from this section and talk boxing though if they was willing to buy me a drink or 5 .
    Last edited by NChristo; 12-02-2010, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      BennyST or jrosales would be my first choice, would gladly sit with anyone from this section and talk boxing though if they was willing to buy me a drink or 5 .
      lol it would definitely be you Sonny.

Comment

Hell, I'll talk boxing with anyone!

Actually, it would be a laugh to be an invisible guest sitting at the same table as Sonnyboyx and Greatest1942, whilst the subject of whether Ray Robinson or Sam Langford was the greater ATG was being discussed.

Throw in a couple of Lennox Lewis fans and we'd have the first Battle Royale of the 21st century!

Only joking! To be honest, we can all be a bit scathing and argumentative whilst hiding behind our keyboards. 99% of the decent posters (and Sonnyboyx and Greatest1942 are certainly that and more) here would have a quality drinking session with boxing being the focus.

I think many of the reasons we come here is because our own drinking mates aren't into the sport we love.
        Last edited by Sugarj; 12-02-2010, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Just about anyone here. Depends on the bar too. If it's a local joint with the local games or boxing matches on TV, then yeah, but not too into the crowded, loud sports bar/steakhouse places, maybe a Hooters. Depends on which night too, as some weeks I might be watching a UFC, Strikeforce or DREAM event on TV so I'd have to bow out then, since I know mixed martial arts isn't too well-liked here. But definitely some weekend when there's a fight involving Miguel Cotto or Yuriorkis Gamboa or if there's old fights on ESPN Classics, then I'm there dude. I'm not too heavy a drinker so I could always drive anyone home or call them a cab too.

Comment

Depends on which one of you guys want to discuss boxing over a pool game for money. That said, Im partiail to Scott9945 and Joseph5620. I've known these guys for at or about 10 years online. I'd tip a brew with anyone though if they were half decent. No whining if you can't hold your alcohol though.

Comment

frankenfrank wins this down.i gotta have a sip of whatever he drinks.no ****
              Last edited by r.burgundy; 12-03-2010, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
                frankenfrank wins this down.i gotta have a sip of whatever he drinks.no ****

Touche'. Who wouldn't want to drink from a chalice of fresh brewed peyote and THAN discuss boxing? Nice pick!!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Depends on which one of you guys want to discuss boxing over a pool game for money. That said, Im partiail to Scott9945 and Joseph5620. I've known these guys for at or about 10 years online. I'd tip a brew with anyone though if they were half decent. No whining if you can't hold your alcohol though.
                  i once went 110 games unbeaten at a £1 a game 8 ball

Comment

Truth be told we are all fans of the game,even the guys we argue with on here,would probably be easy to get along with in real life.

Comment

Working...
                    X