Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto [Prime] vs Oscar De La Hoya [version Floyd fought] @ 154lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn never even thought about this one but man i wish it would have happened. i got oscar it would be a great fight b/c oscar will take some shots as well it wouldnt be a cake walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      Cotto didn't start gassing til after the Margarito fight, and I think he would simply out box DLH to a decision just like he did with Mosley. Sure, DLH was taller but so was Marg's and the reach didn't really even matter during that fight. But as Oscar admitted to Larry Merchant, he said boxing bothers him and Cotto would simply mix that in with his attack as he did vs Mosley.
      Outbox?? Seriously?? lol

Oscar isn't Shane Mosley where he can be outboxed by someone like Cotto.

Comment

Cotto didn't start gassing til after the Margarito fight, and I think he would simply out box DLH to a decision just like he did with Mosley. Sure, DLH was taller but so was Marg's and the reach didn't really even matter during that fight. But as Oscar admitted to Larry Merchant, he said boxing bothers him and Cotto would simply mix that in with his attack as he did vs Mosley.
        Do you watch boxing?

Oscar is a better boxer than Cotto, no argument there. Couple that with Oscar natural size, reach and length advantage I don't see Cotto winning this fight.

DLH by late round KO or UD.

Comment

I think people who feel Cotto would beat Oscar down somehow have forgot DLH's formidable punching power. That Oscar cleared Mayorga he would undoubtedly hurt Cotto if he got hands on him. I got DLH in this matchup at 154. UD

Comment

Here's where your messing up... Margarito is not on the same level as DLH not even comparable. If Margarito fought the guys DLH fought in his career he would be a Journeyman by now.

Comment

Working...
            X