No announcement yet.

Pics from Pacquiao/Amir Khan training camp in Baguio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Ryan View Post
    Yes, he sparred with two guys yesterday, Provodnikov and Nugaev, good work, though Pacquiao has been spending too much time on the ropes for my taste.

the ropes are the best friend of an aging fighter

as you hopefully have figured out by now, the legs on a fighter are one of, if not the first thing to go.

manny's style will depend on them.

the last time i saw manny display great footwork was against margarito. we shall see if he's begun to display a more noticeable decline when he fights bradley, who is young(ish) and still fights that way.

working on some things in sparring against a come forward LW who is essentially a punching bag is one thing
    if he's languishing on the ropes against bradley it will be telling. it could also lose him the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
      Before starting this camp, Manny said he was going back to the hardcore strength/plyometric training with Ariza, but this is quote from Roach taken from one of Ryan's articles: "One thing about Manny Pacquiao is that every morning so far that Alex was here and he wanted him to go to the track, Manny wouldn't go to the track. So he didn't listen to him anyway, so are we really missing him?"

Does that sound like a fully-focused Manny? I'm starting to doubt. I really thought Ariza would be key to winning this thing for Pac, now I'm not so sure. He needs to be at his absolute best to overcome Bradley.
      Manny doesn't like to run the track, prefers the hills here in Baguio.

Comment

Manny is leaving Baguio as we speak, heading to Manila, then leaves for LA on Saturday night.

Comment

Manny doesn't like to run the track, prefers the hills here in Baguio.
          Didn't he say he would do what Ariza said last camp? It doesn't seem good that he didn't do the track work and then Aroza left also.

Comment

Manny is leaving Baguio as we speak, heading to Manila, then leaves for LA on Saturday night.
            Will you be going to LA Ryan or staying in Baguio?

Comment

We need more pics!

Comment

Working...
              X