No announcement yet.

What happened to boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to boxing?

I remember when being a champion meant something, now you can be handed titles or go to court and sue for titles. What happened to fighting a champion and EARNING a title? What happened to actually beating the best in order to call yourself the best? In todays boxing you can be p4p without even fighting anyone worth a damn, it is pretty sad, you don't have to really prove anything anymore. The fighters who actually beat people get criticized while the ones who beat up bottom tier fighters get praised..Then you have fans saying certain fighters"deserve a title" how the hell do you deserve a title? a title is suppose to be EARNED!!!! This is just a random rant from a boxing fan who supports greatness, yet i see that is frowned upon these days

It's a bidnessszas now and we're all bidnezsas men

Comment

It's stupid. Look at the 122 pound division. There's like 8 undefeated fighters in like the top 10. How is that possible?

Can you imagine 8 undefeated NFL teams in the playoffs?

Comment

you people have no idea how many huge fights in recent times were LITERALLY FIXED/RIGGED.

Comment

Lol at you supporting greatness, you support slick bidnis men.

Comment

I know, just look at 160 pounds. Felix Sturm wouldn't fight his mandatory, Sergio Martinez wouldn't fight his mandatory, Cotto wouldn't fight his mandatory, Canelo demanding 155 pounds for his mandatory. Amazing.

Comment

i think cotto and now canelo's actions as middleweight champions have been an utter disgrace to boxing especially the historically talented middleweight division.

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA CALL YOURSELF A MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION, HOLD A BELT, AND NOT LET ANY MIDDLEWEIGHT WEIGH IN AT MIDDLEWEIGHT???????

that is seriously fcked up.

Comment

Larry your boy Floyd Fawked it all up.
                He took the lowest risk highest reward approach and now everyone wants to do the same. Floyd ducked his biggest challenges after moving up to ww and now you have the likes of Garcia, can't-nelo, little Gigi, lomenchencko, rigondeux and others doing the same thing
                Fighters want to make that Floyd money but failed to realize the hard work he out in early in his career. That and the fact he needed that Oscar fight to catapult him to PPV star. He must have forgot because he didn't give someone the same opportunity.
                Now you have all these divas and the sport is heading down the drain

Comment

Nobody wants to take a risk, everyone about the mula.

I'll just leave this here to put a smile on our faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                    i think cotto and now canelo's actions as middleweight champions have been an utter disgrace to boxing especially the historically talented middleweight division.

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA CALL YOURSELF A MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION, HOLD A BELT, AND NOT LET ANY MIDDLEWEIGHT WEIGH IN AT MIDDLEWEIGHT???????

that is seriously fcked up.

Cotto and Canelo really did **** MW up. Badly.

Comment

Working...
                    X