Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's The Likelihood Of Jermain Taylor Fighting Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Norm Peterson;15032451]The whole point of the Sturm fight was to build towards a unification fight with Hopkins in September. They figured Sturm would be a soft touch and it completely backfired before the judges saved De La Hoya and gave him a gift.

And why would he have to fight Golovkin? In principle, sure, that would be the fight that should happen - but who's going to make him fight him?

exactly. Oscar's whole point of going too 160 was too fight the real middleweight champion. (b hop) so if Floyd goes too 160, it should be against the real middleweight champion.(ggg) Floyd can fight whoever he wants. im saying unless he goes too middleweight and fights the best middleweight it's pointless too go too middleweight.

Comment

It'd never happen, Taylor is done.

Comment

jermaine taylor ain't that good anymore....floyd won't fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
          jermaine taylor ain't that good anymore....floyd won't fight him.
          Thats exactly why he would fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
            Thats exactly why he would fight him.
            i think you're confusing floyd with pacquiao.

Comment

Expected if its at 152 and pillow gloves health comes first unless your at my gym where you fight till the death

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                I'd say 20% chance

It won't sell and Floyd hasn't fought a black fighter in over 4 years cuz he usually struggles against them.

The only thing going for it is the belt
                If you move to 4th of July week it could do good numbers with a decent undercard

Comment

[QUOTE=bluebeam;15032539]
                  Originally posted by Norm Peterson View Post
                  The whole point of the Sturm fight was to build towards a unification fight with Hopkins in September. They figured Sturm would be a soft touch and it completely backfired before the judges saved De La Hoya and gave him a gift.

And why would he have to fight Golovkin? In principle, sure, that would be the fight that should happen - but who's going to make him fight him?

exactly. Oscar's whole point of going too 160 was too fight the real middleweight champion. (b hop) so if Floyd goes too 160, it should be against the real middleweight champion.(ggg) Floyd can fight whoever he wants. im saying unless he goes too middleweight and fights the best middleweight it's pointless too go too middleweight.
                  Thing is GGG is not the real Mw champion...Cotto is

Comment

I don't see it. Floyd has been an opportunist in the past, but it does not make any financial sense. It will be Khan and Garcia in 2015.

I would like to see Pacquiao and Cotto/Canelo winner instead.

Comment

[QUOTE=LarryXXX;15033338]
                      Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      Thing is GGG is not the real Mw champion...Cotto is

cotto is the lineal champ, but he isn't the real middleweight champ. you cant be the true champ with only 1 fight at the weight class.

Comment

Working...
                      X