Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew Macklin vs. Winky Wright: thoughts and predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew Macklin vs. Winky Wright: thoughts and predictions?

Golden Boy Promotions has inked European middleweight champion Matthew Macklin (28-2, 19 KOs) to a multi-fight promotional pact.

It looks like Macklin’s first fight under the Golden Boy banner will be on April 9th against comebacking 39-year-old Winky Wright (51-5-1, 25 KOs), who is returning after a two year layoff and looking for his first win since 2006.

Who do you think will win? By stoppage or by decision?
    Wright by stoppage
    4.00%
    Wright by decision
    68.00%
    Macklin by stoppage
    8.00%
    Macklin by decision
    12.00%
    Evenly matched, difficult to predict
    8.00%

The poll is expired.

I haven't seen Macklin unLess he Was under a khan or haye ppv here. Heard of him but can't remember him at all.

Winky has been out 2 years, thas a long time and he will luk rusty i believe.

Prob be a boring fight u know, but i did wonder of winky since he said he wasnt done with the sport and was to fight lacy wasnt he? Who knows.

I see gbp trying to get people around the world but people like macklin wont help their business at all

Comment

Snow today, my friends, I hope you can wear more, do not have a cold, I bring warm greetings.

Comment

Originally posted by wholesale ugg View Post
        Snow today, my friends, I hope you can wear more, do not have a cold, I bring warm greetings.
        Thanks for the weather forecast.

What your forecast for this fight?

Comment

Macklin by UD

Comment

its a very winnable fight for macklin, winky is so far out of the game, he's a sitting duck, it would be a good name on the resume, even at this point.

winky can win, but, he's going to be fighting more than macklin in this fight. he's going to be fighting ring rust, he's going to be fighting father time, who knows if weight is an issue? and he's going to have to search for the same kind of hunger that he needs to suck it up and get a win.

i pick macklin in this fight, it's really his fight to lose, nothing against winky but he's been so far removed from the game, he can easily be out hustled.

Comment

My prediction is Winky will pull out of this crap fight...he's on a pull out streak isn't he?

Comment

Where is this fight being held? Since Winky can't win by KO it makes a lot of difference.

Comment

If winky isnt a least 40% then macklin wins a 117-111 decision.

Comment

does winky still have those braces??

Comment

Working...
                    X