Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Kell Brook get away with fighting Brandon Rios?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol Kell saying Khan vs Algieri doesn't make sense and that Algieri didn't win a round against Pac...then goes on to say Rios is a great fight for him.

Khan's been acting like a mong lately, but Kell deserves some backlash as well for mentioning guys like Thurman and then ending up fighting Rios and Gavin.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      Brook vs Rios would be on par with Khan vs Algieri. Both mismatches.

A Gavin fight would just be completely embarrassing unless it's a mandatory in like a year's time.
      It's a pity Gavin could never cash out on his World Amateur Gold as a pro.

Comment

Name dropping the likes of: Marquez and Thurman and then bigging up fights with Frankie Gavin and Brandon Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by MBE View Post
          Gavin's next fight is a final eliminator to become mandatory challenger for the world title.

Remind me where is Algeiri ranked at welterweight?

Rios just smashed the guy who knocked down JMM and went 12 rounds with him.

Rios is motivated and back and can do damage.

A motivated Algeiri has arguably never done anything.
          Except beat the guy who almost beat Bradley who embarrassed JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Except beat the guy who almost beat Bradley who embarrassed JMM.
            Haha gotta love almost champions. They're the first losers.

Comment

I would be VERY confident in Algieri beating Rios. People like to mention the fact that Algieri lost every round to Pac, but so did Rios with the only difference being his insane chin. Rios beat a shell of Alvarado who just showed up to get paid and suddenly he's some killer. Rios is more exciting than Algieri but he isn't better. Neither fights are great because they aren't competitive but let's not get carried away and start acting like its Salka-Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by English_Lion View Post
                Greetings fellow boxing fans. Amir khan has received a fierce backlash for choosing to fight Chris Algeri. The Pro Brook community have been the strongest voices within this backlash and to be fair..even as a khan fan i can admit Khan deserves the backlash for his choice to face algeri instead of a top name welterweight.

However it's not been announced by Eddie Hearn and Brook himself that they are in talks to face Brandon rios. They talk about facing the big fights...the Marquez, the thurmans, the bradleys...but now they are picking Brandon Rios? furthermore FRANKIE GAVIN!! is being mentioned as a potential opponent for Brook?

So getting to my point...is this not hypocritical from the Brook camp? from those criticizing Khan's choice of opponent (justifiably so of course). Does Brook not deserve a backlash for facing either these opponents when as a champion he could pick any top welterweight with the exception of pac and mayweather?

Your thoughts please.
                I thought Rios looked very scary the last time out. I'm with Dwyer and some others who rated the way he looked in Alvarado III pretty highly, even accounting for how unprepared Alvarado was. I think the same Rios who showed up there brings a very good fight to Brook.

Rios is also a tough fighter. He has power, he's never been knocked out, and he brings relentless pressure. Algieri may be a skilled boxer but he's not knocking guys out.

Brook has been calling Khan out and it's clear that he wants the fight. Khan talking **** about ending Brook's career but then taking on a feather-fisted dude in a division below him looks pretty bad.

Finally, and I think this says it all, Rios would be a better opponent for Khan than Algieri would be. I don't think Amir would be getting the same reaction from fans if he was signing to fight Rios instead of Algieri.

Comment

Yes. Rios is a better fighter for Brook than Algieri for Khan.

Comment

Yes because he's not Amir khan

There's different standards and British fans don't know if rios is good or not. They are just buying into Hearn and brook making him out to be the second coming of Julio cesar Chavez

Why not Keith Thurman?

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Yes because he's not Amir khan

There's different standards and British fans don't know if rios is good or not. They are just buying into Hearn and brook making him out to be the second coming of Julio cesar Chavez

Why not Keith Thurman?
                      My guess would be money. I doubt Thurman goes to the UK to fight Brook and I'm not sure it'd be a big match in Vegas either. There's also Haymon and whatever he has planned for Thurman, which may not involve Brook. One thing I've found very interesting is that, in the month or so since Thurman beating Guerrero, we've heard absolutely nothing in the media about Thurman and who he plans on fighting next. To me that suggests Haymon has something in mind for him already.

Comment

Working...
                      X