Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy Ruiz Jr, The Truth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't watch the fight but people on twitter say that he was shadow boxing

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
      I'm really high on Ruiz but I don't think he takes a title until the Klits have gone, then he might pick up a strap. And I think he'd beat most guys right now, but Fury would be very difficult for him, because despite his speed advantages, Ruiz has got reeeeeeeeeeally short arms, and Fury only might have medium handspeed but he's got decent to good reflexes when he's on the outside.

Very impressed with Ruiz today, both for the way that he got the KO and for the fact that he looks as though Eric Cartman took up boxing.

this is why his hands move fast. they cover very little distance.

the potential people see in a guy who is straight up too fat to ever get into world class shape is beyond me.

when this guy loses the weight he's still going to jiggle. i hope you guys are prepared for that.

Comment

Ruiz should aim to become a solid 240lb wrecking machine. When he starts getting in proper shape on a consistent basis, then he should step up in class.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Ruiz should aim to become a solid 240lb wrecking machine. When he starts getting in proper shape on a consistent basis, then he should step up in class.

honestly, he'll aspire to be butterbean if he's 240. he's really not a big guy. small legs, short arms, not huge shoulders. a lot of that weight is fat, not hte bones and muscles of a gigantic man.

he could be under 200 lbs right now if he wasn't a lazy, fat f#ck in his youth. if he drops to 220 in a couple of years now he'll improve, but he'll still be plagued by loose skin.

just look at his legs. tiny, and still flat footed. i think if he tried to move his feet fast he'd gas out quickly. he's not that kind of athlete.

it's a shame, because he's got good skill for a modern american HW. he moves like an experienced fighter. he' just fat.

sparring with holyfield:

Comment

Leaving the blubber to one side, I don't think anyone can deny the handspeed.

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            Nice step fighting other undefeated prospects & separated himself from a few other prospects.
            Yep, it's a shame the likes of Bryan Jennings and Deontay Wilder wouldn't do the same. They probably wouldn't even get in the ring with him.

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            If he gets in shape. I hope he does.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              honestly, he'll aspire to be butterbean if he's 240. he's really not a big guy. small legs, short arms, not huge shoulders. a lot of that weight is fat, not hte bones and muscles of a gigantic man.

he could be under 200 lbs right now if he wasn't a lazy, fat f#ck in his youth. if he drops to 220 in a couple of years now he'll improve, but he'll still be plagued by loose skin.

just look at his legs. tiny, and still flat footed. i think if he tried to move his feet fast he'd gas out quickly. he's not that kind of athlete.

it's a shame, because he's got good skill for a modern american HW. he moves like an experienced fighter. he' just fat.

sparring with holyfield:
              Yeah you're right, 240 would still be too much. I said that # specifically because it would be a new milestone for him, but he could stand to lose more. He weighed in at 246 in his first 2013 fight, and today he weighed 254. Dude needs to lose the weight, not gain it lol. He's gonna be his biggest challenge to reaching world-class level.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 07-27-2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Ruiz is very talented, too bad he's so fat.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  that fight would be in the UK and Fury would be allowed to work the inside. Ruiz in his current shape would find that very exhausting.
                  Because a guy who is 6'9 should fight on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                    Ruiz is very talented, too bad he's so fat.
                    If the weigh-in is accurate, he's only 10lbs heavier than Chisora but I guess he has a much higher bodyfat percentage. He used to be 324lbs, now 254.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      If the weigh-in is accurate, he's only 10lbs heavier than Chisora but I guess he has a much higher bodyfat percentage. He used to be 324lbs, now 254.
                      At 242 Chisora is in pretty solid shape. He's built like a refrigerator. At 246-the lowest I seen Jr at-there is no part of Ruiz that does not jiggle like jello. There is no comparison between these guys as far as that goes. It's like comparing a army tank with Jabba the hut.

Comment

Working...
                      X