Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that Cotto now is better than he WAS pre-Marg/Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto is still going to get his a$$ handed to him on May 5th, given that Mayweather hasn't slipped since the Ortiz fight, he'll probably be the same as he was in that fight and the Mosley one. Still, I think Cotto can fight well for another 2 years after this fight. I see him retiring around 34-35 though, once he really really starts to fade in a few years. He's not dumb, won't stay around too long, he doesn't seem like that kind of guy, but you never know.

After he loses to Floyd, I see him either fighting Alvarez after that or another title holder like Bundrage, who Cotto would whipe the floor with most likely, and grab another title. One way or another, he's going to fight Alvarez at some point in a big fight. I wouldn't mind seeing Cotto-Alvarez in September (though I doubt Cotto returns that quickly) or January/February. It'd be another good fight for Alvarez, if he does indeed fight Kirkland/Molina in September first, and would put him in line to fight Mayweather if he won, and rightfully so.

And if Cotto were to beat Alvarez in a big PPV fight to win another title, it opens many more doors once again for him even after losing to Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      In the brink of quitting against Clottey. Funny cause he had a huge gash on his forehead and could had quit when he was ahead on the cards.

I guess Cotto told you that himself
      It is just my intuition, I'll admit that, but there were times in the fight where Clottey would land a combo and he'd visibly look as though he wanted to quit. If Clottey hadn't been such a dumbass and backed off, he could've stopped Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        It is just my intuition, I'll admit that, but there were times in the fight where Clottey would land a combo and he'd visibly look as though he wanted to quit. If Clottey hadn't been such a dumbass and backed off, he could've stopped Cotto.
        That human punching bag Clottey couldn't stop a Mini from the drivers seat much less Cotto. He wansn't close to quitting a fight he was winning, no way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Clottey took his foot off the accelarator and threw the fight away. I saw that fight at the Garden and it looked like he got tired of taking so many punches on his arms. Just stopped doing what he was successful at the end of the fight.

Cotto will get beat under normal terms on May 5, but I remember Tyson vs Douglas.........

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            Would you say that he is better trained in this fight against Floyd than when he faced Pac?
            Don't you dare Go there man!!!!

Don't you ever dare to say that the Cuban knows more or is a better trainer than the nutritionist Cotto had vs Pac @145 CW

<-- get it? ^^^^^
            Last edited by Puya; 04-27-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

People who are thinking better or the same are just fooling themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Puya View Post
                Don't you dare Go there man!!!!

Don't you ever dare to say that the Cuban knows more or is a better trainer than the nutritionist Cotto had vs Pac @145 CW

<-- get it? ^^^^^
                lol........

Comment

I wouldn't say he is better but he really isn't worse either~ I don't see the differences. What got exploited in his loses was always there.

If Cotto was that far gone he would struggle even against the guys he beat, Cotto got known for beating up that level of opposition so I fail to see this judgement.

Cotto was never ever going to beat Floyd he was never as good as people made out, still he was good but how people view him now is more inline with reality as opposed to a real dip in his actual ability.

Comment

So let me adk this. Since Cotto is so garb, shot and overrated according to most of yall. Does Floyd get 0 credit for a win?

Comment

• You don't get better after taking all those beatings.

Comment

Working...
                      X