Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Monzon get a pass and Valero does not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlos Monzon is a legend and all time great.

Edwin Valero was a decent fighter who fought mostly unranked bums.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Carlos Monzon is a legend and all time great.

Edwin Valero was a decent fighter who fought mostly unranked bums.
      Bull****!

Valero is the legend, Monzon the decent fighter. You got it backwards. Just because Monzon was lucky to fight in an uber-weak era against primitive fighters, it does not mean he's an ATG.

He would have been crushed today if he had fought Martinez, Cotto, Golovkin and Quillin, i.e. skilled fighters.

The sport has evolved, you know… Better, faster, stronger.

By the way, I think you forgot to mention that Valero was one of - if not the hardest - punchers of all-time, you lying piece of shyte!

Let me ask you a question - do you know what Antonio Pitalua, Genaro Trazancos, Whyber Garcia and Emmanuel Ford have in common?

They were all excellent ATG-chinned warriors that got decimated by a mighty package of Venezuelan dynamite.

You would have known this if you hadn’t been stuck in the past, spreading your deluded lies about featherfisters from yesteryear like Arguello being a harder puncher than Valero. It’s like a bad joke since everyone knows Edwin would KTFO every single opponent Arguello ever faced, and that’s a fact!

The sport has evolved too much since then. Even an old fart like you should know that's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
        Bull****!

Valero is the legend, Monzon the decent fighter. You got it backwards. Just because Monzon was lucky to fight in an uber-weak era against primitive fighters, it does not mean he's an ATG.

He would have been crushed today if he had fought Martinez, Cotto, Golovkin and Quillin, i.e. skilled fighters.

The sport has evolved, you know***8230; Better, faster, stronger.

By the way, I think you forgot to mention that Valero was one of - if not the hardest - punchers of all-time, you lying piece of shyte!

Let me ask you a question - do you know what Antonio Pitalua, Genaro Trazancos, Whyber Garcia and Emmanuel Ford have in common?

They were all excellent ATG-chinned warriors that got decimated by a mighty package of Venezuelan dynamite.

You would have known this if you hadn***8217;t been stuck in the past, spreading your deluded lies about featherfisters from yesteryear like Arguello being a harder puncher than Valero. It***8217;s like a bad joke since everyone knows Edwin would KTFO every single opponent Arguello ever faced, and that***8217;s a fact!

The sport has evolved too much since then. Even an old fart like you should know that's the truth.
        Please, either do some research/watch some historical fights before talking out of ignorance or stop trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
          Please, either do some research/watch some historical fights before talking out of ignorance or stop trolling.
          Greeh knows what he is talking about... His post was an inside joke between us history section regulars.. Check out hardest punchers thread from awhile back..
          Greeh is very knowledgeable

Comment

Whatever a boxer does outside a ring shouldn't interact with what he does inside it(Not defending eithers actions).I'm a huge Valero fan but his and Monzons records are in different galaxies.It becomes a popularity discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Greeh knows what he is talking about... His post was an inside joke between us history section regulars.. Check out hardest punchers thread from awhile back..
              Greeh is very knowledgeable
              My sarcasm meter went on overload when I read that :chuckle9:

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
                Are you implying that I haven’t done my research? Your post implies that you are feeling threatened by me because I acknowledge what modern nutrition and strength & conditioning coaches have done for the sport, i.e. accepting the obvious. Are you going to imply that I am wrong, so you can imply whatever that favors the old-timers?

There really is no point in me to keep providing evidence if you cannot accept the obvious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denialism

If Arguello was such a puncher as IronClownHamza previously implied, why didn’t he stop all his foes? Valero did, and that translates to being an ATG-puncher, even if you don't like it and want to imply something else.

27 wins, 27 KO’s and a two-weight world champion. How can’t that be enough evidence for you?

What’s next? Are you going to imply the fastest man of the 1800’s - Harry McNuckle of Elkhart, Texas - is still faster than Usain Bolt? Sure, ol’ Harry was fast as a raging weasel, but as fast as Bolt? No way, which is evident by their times!

Hopefully you are just like an old, rusty pipe in a sewage that has been clogged - you will function better when you’ve gotten the **** removed from your system. Sadly there are no plumbers who can instantly fix you like they can fix the pipe, so you will have to do it on your own, removing the dirt from your system by ventilating out all those nostalgia-friendly values and favoritism inside you little by little, and eventually the truth will appear for your previously narrow and deluded mind.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                  Whatever a boxer does outside a ring shouldn't interact with what he does inside it(Not defending eithers actions).I'm a huge Valero fan but his and Monzons records are in different galaxies.It becomes a popularity discussion
                  I know!

Monzon never beat anyone that was even remotely close to being as good as Antonio DeMarco.

These boring old-timers, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
                    My sarcasm meter went on overload when I read that :chuckle9:
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
                      I know!

Monzon never beat anyone that was even remotely close to being as good as Antonio DeMarco.

These boring old-timers, eh?
                      The 500 pound man

Recently when asked a consortium of the very best boxing trainers came up with a very specific answer regarding the talent, the drive, the skills and serendipity to be a champion. In the words of this 1% elite fistic cohort:

"skills are kind of important.....Athletic ability, yeah thats good to have, talent is probably ok.....Drive, well at least until you are rakkin it in! I mean would you have the drive to get in the ring if I was giving you new houses and cars?" Note trainers laugh at this point.

SO guys I just have to ask what is that unique gift.... that spark, that rare stratified air that the gods of mount olympus and our champion breathe?

Almost in complete unisome they replied "he has to be 500 pounds." What?! "Thats right a 500 pound heavyweight would win. We could probably do with a 350 pounder who could ambulate, but nothing compares to a 500 pound man can you imagine it? First of all he would not have to cut the ring off, just standing in the ring he takes up half.....And body punching? psssst just leaning in the other guy while taking up all the ring, then you teach him a few punches, to grab the other guy when he tries to punch and you have it made!"

I asked them how this fight might look....."probably like the Klitschko Povatkin fight. Povatkin made one stupid error that showed inexperience that fight...." what was that? I asked "he tried to fight a boxing match with Klitschko....And of course every time he tried to punch he would be grabbed...Klitschko was a genius that night, where as most guys would wait until the opponent got close to them? Klitschko would grab at a distance even before Povatkin attempted to punch!"

The trainers were getting tired so they wrapped it up for yours truly....."fighters are getting bigger and stronger....We are scouting for that genetic harbinger of things to come! thats right we are going to find a 500 pound man and make him a champ!

Comment

Working...
                      X